XDJ Aero - Feedback
    Tech Wizard

Default XDJ Aero - Feedback

Not really sure, but I haven't seen some kind of a feedback thread for the XDJ Aero.

However, I want to share some points, I really like on the device:

1) You're able to record and play from the USB device at the same time <- Amazing

2) With WIDE-Tempo mode, you're able to start and stop like running down/up on a turntable

3) iPhone can be recharged by using the USB slot

But I still have some issues:

1) While several WiFi devices are connected, you're not able to change over to one of the other devices for using the rotary knob to flip or select through rekordbox.

2) When beat matched two tracks and selecting auto-beat-loop on one track, it seems, rekordbox is not working 100% accurate as the auto-beat-loop track will get out of control after some seconds.

That's it for now but I am more than exited!

Cheers!

I love mine for playing out. Its awesome.

Tech Wizard

Can somebody tell me what the real advantage is of rekordbox for iOS? I don't get it? I can prepare tracks via mobile, but finally I can't back-up them on my laptop. Even worse, for the auto-cue function it doesn't work when set the first memory point .. however, it does work on my laptop? What's wrong?

Yuo can also use it as an external screen for selection of tracks on the xdj. So you can load, but also if you use a thumb drive, hook it up via wi-fi you can view the tracks on your ipad, iphone much easier, even load from the ipad over to the next deck. so you can control track selection by either the xdj or ipad and use it to view tracks.

Tech Wizard

Thats clear to me. But what about the 'prepare' function on the iOS device? When prepared a track, I can only use it with my iPhone, iPad or whatever iOS device. Finally this means I will have several music locations (laptop, iPhone, iPad) .. just to be clear .. I download some tracks via iTunes from the mobile but use my laptop for some other downloads as well.

In rekordbox mobile you can prepare and I'm certain transfer the prepared data over I'm fairly certain saw that option at some point . Now I have a question can you get track details and wave display when usuing an iPad. Example USB key and then iPad what screens do you get?

I'm really wanting to test one out but local shops struggle in the dj gear department. So I am unsure f sinking a grand into somethin I may not ind as useful as I think is a big thought. Making me contemplate selling off some older gear to justify the purchase. Lol

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Now I have a question can you get track details and wave display when using an iPad. Example USB key and then iPad what screens do you get?
    Interesting! I don't know yet but will find out at the weekend when a friend of mine will come up with his iPad. I will submit some feedback afterwards.