Ive Just Bought................
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ive Just Bought................

My 2nd Technics 1210mk2 I have been looking for another after buying my 1st one last week off a friend (although im havin some weird problem with that one intermittently) and i've been watching this one i've got for the past 10 days, The fella assures me his uncle bought them for his son to use but never did, so it only got used sparingly to play his uncles old lp's as he already had a turntable for that. He claims its around 5 years old and has probably been used not even into double figures!! He sent me some pics of it and tbh it still has just the rubber slip mat on it, there doesn't appear to be any marks whatsoever on it, the 7" adapter is present as is the perspex lid, it has a ortofon concorde stylus fitted and the pitch is calibrated to the dots perfectly he has told me and all the 3 lights work perfectly (strobe, target & pitch zero) the start bid owas £200 and someone bid that 3 days ago, as i got my other one for £100 i thought i would go upto £250 for this turntable as it is in such good condition. Yesterday i offered him £225 cash and i'd go and collect it as he lives maybe 20 miles away, but he said £250 or let the auction run its cause as he had another to sell too. So with 30 seconds left of the auction i typed my max bid in of £250 and i won it for £215 get in there has.. he sent me a congratulations message and said he should have took me up on my offer yesterday lol...anyway he's actually driving it around to mine on Monday night, so im really looking forward to getting it as i'll finally have a pair of Tehcnics to play with Just hope its as good as he and the pics tell me it is and i'll be a very happy man pair of 1210mk2's for the grand total of £315.00
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

Jealous

£215???!!! Fuck I miss the UK!! I've not seen a 1210 over here for less that $700!!!

Congrats mate. Treat them well and they will be solid for generations!!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Im kinda hoping the one i bought off a friend just need a good clean and service to cure the intermittent problem as it has been in the attic for some time he said. Looking forward to getting the other on Monday then i can really get to grips with getting used to the Technics as apposed to my Vestax....I will look after them and hopefully they will last for many many years
    MacBook Pro 17" | 1 x Kontrol S4 | 2 x Technics 1210mk2 | Ortofon Elektro's | TSP | Facebook Soundcloud Mixcloud

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Dang I'm kinda pissed I sold a near mint 1210 with dustcover for around $150 going back about 5 years ago... sellers remorse.

Ouch!!!!

No doubt about them lasting mate. I'm sure the one you've got will just need a good service. Very little that can actually go seriously wrong with the. I'm hugely envious!!! Get some pics up and do us a mix!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

tech 1.jpgtech 2.jpg

here's the one i got off my friend its really decent condition tbh
    Last edited by paulmac; 08-09-2013 at 02:45 AM.

tech 3.jpgtech 4.jpgtech 5.jpgtech 6.jpg

This is the one im getting on Monday....

Umm, You can get way better deals on Gumtree (especially in London area). I got two 1210s separately for a grand total of £350 about a year ago. It's worth being patient and biding your time to find the right deal.

EDIT: just read you got the other for £100 which is much better. I'd still go through Gumtree, if anyone else is in the market.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast