Active PA Speakers for House Parties/Small Clubs?

Default Active PA Speakers for House Parties/Small Clubs?

I'm in the market for a PA system + sub to play at house parties of anywhere from 50 to 300 people, as well as at small clubs or bars. I've used a HiFi system up to this point (Sony LBT-ZX66i) that puts out about 560W, but I've reached the point where I need something that thumps harder. Budget is not a huge issue (within reason) at this point. I'm willing to pay up for a better quality speaker, as long as the price isn't outlandish. I'm also trying to keep mobility in mind, as I'll probably be throwing it in the back of my car and taking it around town.

I usually spin electro house and trap, but would like speakers that are versatile across genres as well. I'm looking for a system with the capability to punch for house but also hum for trap music.

I've heard recommendations point towards the B-52 Matrix setup and was curious how anyone felt about that?

Tech Guru

The QSC K and KW series seem quite popular. I've also been looking at the Yamaha DXR series as a cheaper alternative.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheBeastest View Post
    I'm in the market for a PA system + sub to play at house parties of anywhere from 50 to 300 people, as well as at small clubs or bars. I've used a HiFi system up to this point (Sony LBT-ZX66i) that puts out about 560W, but I've reached the point where I need something that thumps harder. Budget is not a huge issue (within reason) at this point. I'm willing to pay up for a better quality speaker, as long as the price isn't outlandish. I'm also trying to keep mobility in mind, as I'll probably be throwing it in the back of my car and taking it around town.

I usually spin electro house and trap, but would like speakers that are versatile across genres as well. I'm looking for a system with the capability to punch for house but also hum for trap music.

I've heard recommendations point towards the B-52 Matrix setup and was curious how anyone felt about that?
    honestly, what is your budget (not huge, but within reason doesn't mean anything). You can spend US$300 or US$3,000 on a single active full range speaker.

Also, the options are different depending on where you are (North America, Europe, Asia, etc).

You'll also need stands, cables, power, maybe an external EQ or DSP.