4-MX >> TSP2.6 >> headphones issue (not working)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 4-MX >> TSP2.6 >> headphones issue (not working)

Hello,

I've got a very annoying issue.

I own a Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx. I also own a legal copy of TSP2 which in my opinion is way better than Virtual DJ. Next to that, I use the Hercules HDP DJ M40.1 headphones.Before I switched to TSP2, I upgraded VDJ, but I missed several options that VDJ misses compared to TSP2. I also think VDJ is great for starting DJ's, but I'm not new in the DJ business. Thus the reason why I use TSP2 and wish nót to use VDJ. That said, let's look closer to my issue.

Before I start off with images of my setup in Traktor, here are my computer and soundcard specifications:
    My PC in a nutshell
    * Intel Core i5 2400
    * 10gb ram
    * 500gb+1TB+1TB
    * dual monitor setup (L: 22" / R: 19")

Soundcard 'n stuff
    * Creative USB headset (for gaming etc)
    * Creative USB soundcard (SB0270)
    * Logitech Z-2300 2.1 Speakerset+subwoofer

My DJ stuff
    * Hercules DJ Console 4-Mx
    * Korg nanoKEY2
    * Korg nanoKONTROL2
    * Korg nanoPAD2

So, here goes.

I recently reinstalled my computer because it was time after a year to clean up space and get rid of malfunctioning drivers and so on. Before I reinstalled my computer, I was able to preview the next track using my headphones. Make sure to read this: I dó use my Logitech Z-2300 as speakers which are connected to the Creative SB0270 USB soundcard. I do nót have external speakers or studio monitors connected to my device. As stated, I háve been able to use my headphones to preview the next track. I've spent hours and hours to find a way to do this, but 99% of the forums/helpsites/tutorials claim it's not possible without external speakers, but I knów it's possible using my PC speakers as, once again, I was able to before the reinstall.

Now, after installing my pc, the drivers for the 4-Mx, Traktor Pro 2.6, importing (i know how to setup and work with Traktor) tsi files for the 4-mx and my korg devices, I seem not to be able to get the headphones to work anymore. Spent literally HOURS to find out how to do it again. Before the reinstall, I just did something and voila, out of the blue it seemed to work :S I was amazed, but I didn't remember hów I did it.

Please look at the images below how I set up Traktor:

Now, can someone please tell me what to do ? I want to continue with my weekly and monthly mixes, which people are expecting

Many thanks for helping me out ..

Cheers,
    DJ Ramteam

PS: Posted this on the DJTT forums, after they removed the very same thread several times in the past 8 days without reason or notification on the official Hercules forums. It's, once again, posted there as well. But I rely more on DJTT's and its visitors capability in solving this issue, than on the Hercules forums.

[UPDATE: I don't know where this comes from, but I do NOT use the usb-headset. As stated above, I've got a dj-headphone which I use while >> connected << to the controller/mixer. I never said I use the usb headset. On top of that, whether I unplug the usb-headset from my pc or not, same problem resides[/UPDATE]
    Last edited by DJRamteam; 08-10-2013 at 01:11 PM. Reason: solved

Tech Guru

Connect headphones and speakers to the Hercules.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Yeah, why are you not running the audio through the Hercules? You've got that set up as your output device. The problem is more likely that you're using USB headphones. Get some normal DJ headphones and plug em into the 4MX
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Ah guys please .. did you even read the whole post ?

I dó connect the headphones to the controller

and

I do have normal headphones .. not using the usb headphones. I never said ánything about using them. All I said, just to make sure you know my current setup (pc), is that I have a USB soundcard and a USB headset (which I use on teamspeak and in games 'n stuff).
    Read the damn topic again ...

Sorry for my outburst, but you two obviously have not read my thread properly.

As for Makar1. Do you really think I don't know I need to connect my headphones to the controller, especially because it was working before reinstalling my pc ??

Tech Guru

If you want to use Traktor you should use a single audio device for your sound output. And your Hercules controller is the only one with 2 sets of outputs.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I'm sorry, but again, you did NOT read the thread completely or properly. It used to work before, for over 5 months. Just after reinstalling Windows, this issue occured. Read again.

If you want to use Traktor you should use a single audio device for your sound output. And your Hercules controller is the only one with 2 sets of outputs.
    I don't know what you mean by that. As stated above several times, it worked before.

I do appreciate it if you want to help me, but it's just that you misread or didin't read the part that it worked before. And I'd like to know what's wrong. I don't want answers saying 'connect your speakers to your mixer'. That's not what I'm asking.

Traktor is designed to only use one soundcard. If you're playing music out of your Logitech speakers through the Creative soundcard, the software won't be using the Hercules' audio interface. You'll need to plug your Logitech speakers into your controller and use that exclusively.
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Quote Originally Posted by happydan View Post
    Traktor is designed to only use one soundcard. If you're playing music out of your Logitech speakers through the Creative soundcard, the software won't be using the Hercules' audio interface. You'll need to plug your Logitech speakers into your controller and use that exclusively.
    Then tell me why it DID work for roughly 5 months ... but just not after the reinstallation of Windows. Explain thát.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast