Crossfader: who really uses it? - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    i can see where MDC is coming from, I hold the crossfader closed with my thumb, and flick it with my fingers open. A spring would close the fader fast, but i dont think as fast as a quick crab. Maybe LiquitATL or Vekked will chime in, this topic should be a thread itself.
    For open fader scratches, you would just hold the fader open, or the spring would only push it so far.
    This, basically. I can't scratch for shit because I can't do that crabbing thing... no matter how I hold my hand, my thumb just doesn't have that "springiness". Add a little spring to the crossfader holding it closed == win.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I've lost all interest in this mixer dudes making now... I wanna see a spring loaded crossfader...!!!

Boing-wicky-boing-wacky-boing.

Make dude , make it.
    Don't tempt me haha
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

i would be loading up bottle caps and launching them at people. drunky as drunky does.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    i would be loading up bottle caps and launching them at people. drunky as drunky does.
    Steve Aoki would use it to fire cakes at the crowd!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    one thing I can't understand is why nobody's made a spring-loaded crossfader (which automatically snaps back to a specific position) to make scratching easier for those of us with piss-poor dexterity.
    They do its called a transformer switch it was built into a few old school mixers. Check out the Stanton SK series mixer they have a 3 way selector switch for line/phone/flash and the Flash is spring loaded. works really well

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    i can see where MDC is coming from, I hold the crossfader closed with my thumb, and flick it with my fingers open. A spring would close the fader fast, but i dont think as fast as a quick crab. Maybe LiquitATL or Vekked will chime in, this topic should be a thread itself.
    For open fader scratches, you would just hold the fader open, or the spring would only push it so far.
    i'm not sure about a spring loaded crossfader but with the transformer switch or flash selector its spring loaded and i can pull off open or closed fader scratches. btw the spring is slower than me on the crossfader thats why me and alot of people don't use it. you'd be surprise how fast your hand can really move once you have the muscle memory NH NM :P

i don't really use it myself (upfaders do it for me), but i'd have to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Better to have and not need, than need and not have.

Not putting a cross fader on alienates a whole section of the market. Use it or not, it's necessary.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by P4ULSON View Post
    They do its called a transformer switch it was built into a few old school mixers. Check out the Stanton SK series mixer they have a 3 way selector switch for line/phone/flash and the Flash is spring loaded. works really well

i'm not sure about a spring loaded crossfader but with the transformer switch or flash selector its spring loaded and i can pull off open or closed fader scratches. btw the spring is slower than me on the crossfader thats why me and alot of people don't use it. you'd be surprise how fast your hand can really move once you have the muscle memory NH NM :P
    Surely that depends on the spring tension though? I find it difficult to believe that someone's fingers can close a crossfader quicker than a REALLY tight spring :P
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

For a spring to be tight enough, you would need monster finger strength. At that point, I think it would be counter productive. Maybe for a training fader lol
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

I never use mine at all either but I've been trying to incorporate it into my mixes somehow lately lol, I never have any luck. I suck with the crossfader.

i love a good cut of the fader... or switching...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast