Crossfader: who really uses it? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Tech Guru

I hardly ever use mine and my scratching skills are non existent!

Pretty keen to get some good hip hop and have a go though.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I use the crossfader no matter what music I am spinning. It's a habit thing. I like the safety of knowing that the crossfader is to one side and that I wont accidentally air a track whilst cueing.
    I'm with Karlos on this one. I use the crossfader for everything, for the exact reason stated above. I do also use the line faders for slight volume adjustments, but most of the time it's pure crossfader.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    This, basically. I can't scratch for shit because I can't do that crabbing thing...
    I literally NEVER crab. Tbh it's kind of an over-rated scratch because it LOOKS cool, but when you think about it, how often in music are you really going to need/want to play a bunch of 64th notes? It's not a very rhtyhmic/versatile scratch.

So with that being said, a spring loaded x-fader wouldn't be a great idea because it would help you to do 1 scratch of limited use, and make all of the other more significant scratches a lot harder, lol.
    2012 DMC Supremacy World Champ + IDA World Champ

i find myself using all of the above, faders, cross fader & gain. Depends what I am wanting to do & I am not the type to scratch.

been at it for nearly 5 years now.

Tech Wizard

On topic:

There are a LOT of techniques and mixing styles based on using the crossfader (mostly from a hip-hop DJing background of course). I'm not really sure why anyone wouldn't want to use the x-fader unless they just didn't want to be as creative and versatile as they could be. It's weird how different DJing scenes seem to disregard the mixing techniques of other scenes, like why wouldn't you want to learn how to trick mix, scratch, do long blends, mix in key, etc if you wanted to be the best DJ you could be? I guess the answer is that a lot of DJs just don't want to be the best they can be...
    2012 DMC Supremacy World Champ + IDA World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by vekked View Post
    on topic:

There are a lot of techniques and mixing styles based on using the crossfader (mostly from a hip-hop djing background of course). I'm not really sure why anyone wouldn't want to use the x-fader unless they just didn't want to be as creative and versatile as they could be. It's weird how different djing scenes seem to disregard the mixing techniques of other scenes, like why wouldn't you want to learn how to trick mix, scratch, do long blends, mix in key, etc if you wanted to be the best dj you could be? I guess the answer is that a lot of djs just don't want to be the best they can be...
    truth

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

Almost never. I use a Rane rotary, so it really doesn't suit my mixing style. Once in a while I'll do a quick cut with it.

Depends on what I want to do.

Usually, I use the line faders to bring the track in etc.

But if I wanna do a quick transform, X Fader is your man....innit?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

^Indeed.

I Using it all the time myself. Essential for scratching and cutting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Ruel View Post
    Almost never. I use a Rane rotary, so it really doesn't suit my mixing style. Once in a while I'll do a quick cut with it.
    Rotary hell yea!!! Das Gangsta Is it the Empath?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast