Covering Cables on the Floor... Alot.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Covering Cables on the Floor... Alot.

Hey all!

I just got a job as a resident Dj (Whee! ) and once my light rig is a thing I'll be running like 25-35 feet of DMX across the dance floor. I looked into those cable covers you see just about everywhere (you know the ones) and while perfect and reusable, they are REALLY expensive.

So basically what I'm looking for are either products, or home grown methods, of covering cables for safety reasons and for the sake of cables that are easy to implement and reusable as I'll be pulling all the cables back up either three times or one time a week.

GO THINK TANK GO.

EDIT: These are the cheapest I've found. I need about $500 of these though, still a lot.
    Last edited by ProfessorStrangeman; 08-11-2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Added my cheapest find.
    Pioneer XDJ-RX//Rekordbox & Ableton Push 1//Ableton 9 Suite
    15" MacBook Pro 2017//Quad Core i7 @ 3.1GHz//16GB RAM//1TB SSD//AMD 560 4GB GPU

Cables on the dance floor + drunk people = really bad idea......dude don't do it, run em up the wall or across the ceiling. Just not across the floor

Floor might be a bad idea

Along the wall, up off the floor, taped. Lots of tape. Better yet, if you can, run everything across the ceiling, but make sure it doesn't fall.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Wireless dmx ftw!

Transmitter/receiver set costs about $200, and no more wires. Totally the way to go.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Okay so I may have to rethink the floor. I have a meeting at the venue in two days so I'll re scope it then and take some photos to put here so you can see what I'm up against.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeintox View Post
    Wireless dmx ftw!

Transmitter/receiver set costs about $200, and no more wires. Totally the way to go.
    Iiiiiiiiiiiiii did not even think of that.

I didn't even know these existed until a few years ago, the production company I work for bought some because our front of house position was about 150 feet away from the lighting rig, and we discovered that our dmx signals were starting to get a little screwy after about 100' of cable. We got Chauvet D-fi trancievers and they have worked flawlessly.

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

So if I got one of these and two of these, I could run the foot controller into one of the 4 stands, then the DMX Out to the DMX Transmitter, then run the three recievers to the DMX Ins on the other 3 stands? With them all set to Address 1 that should work right?

We usually tape them down with gaffer
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    We usually tape them down with gaffer
    I would too. But I feel like doing this over and over again would gum up the cables and the floor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast