DDJ SX with Traktor

Default DDJ SX with Traktor

I've spent a lot of time trying to get my DDJ SX to work with traktor. I read the manual for the DDJ to put into "utility mode" by unplugging the usb and holding the play and shift then turning on the power button while holding the play and shift button. Only the left side of the DDJ is lit up then I press the left keylock button.. Am I doing this procedure right? I then plug the usb in.... fire up Traktor 2.6 and load in Vipers TSI file using the big import button on the bottom.... nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?!

try going into traktor setting then Control manager see if the midi in and out ports for all of the DDJ SX mapping are set right
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

You can also try JaJa's Artwork map if the Viper map is not working.
    https://maps.djtechtools.com/mappings/1336

After I unplug the usb and turn on the DDJ so it's in utility mode do I then plug the usb back into the DDJ and then load the TSI file?

You only have to set it once in utility/midi mode....after this is set it will keep it memorised.
    Besides of this you can keep your usb plugged in.

I have written the english translation for JaJa's map...this also includes the steps you are trying to find out.
    Plus this map is still being updated opposed to Vipers map, this could also be the case as Traktor has been updated while vipers map hasn't.

Last thing you could check to see if you are running the latest frimware on your SX (1.07)....as this solves several bugs.

I have the mapping working... thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. now i'm just working on the latency. Seems to be high.

I have it set at 128...should be a well average for Traktor.
    For the rest it all depends on your setup (hard & software) how much latency can occur.

If you need more help you can always PM me with additional info on your setup.