What happened?

Thread: What happened?

Tech Convert

Default What happened?

So I was DJing a couple weeks ago, everything was good, the floor was starting to fill, the energy level was going up just at the right time, and all of a sudden, silence. not good. I use Serato, and noticed first that I wasn't getting any sound with the song I was trying to cue up, then about a minute later, the song that was actually playing on the other channel cut out as well. My CDJs were running fine, the Serato box was still lit up, and I had my dual screen, so I know things were operating normally, there just wasn't any sound going into the mixer. When I switched the cables to the "Through" settings (to bypass the Serato box) and played normal CDs, everything played fine. After the gig, I let things sit for a couple days, and hooked everything back up, and it has worked normally ever since. I'm happy it's working again, but also paranoid that this problem could come back, and I can't figure out what the problem was. Anybody have this happen to them?? Any ideas as to what the problem was?

power surge
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Midi Drop out?
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Sounds like a power surge. Do you use grounded, three prong power strip?

i had that happen on a traktor soundcard. even though the output leds were showing there was output out of the soundcard, but no sound was coming out. Not sure why it happened, but It would not work for the rest of the night. Had to finish the last hour of my set with traktor dj ipad. kinda sucked, soundcard worked fine 2 days later. I guess something inside them is just real sensitive.