Going out of SYNC ??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Going out of SYNC ??

I went through the process of beatgridding about 20 or so songs and proceeded to blend them. Alot of them are in the same bpm range (172-175)

I noticed that once the two tracks have the same bpm after pressing the sync quickly on and off, the 2 tracks play together in sync for like 5 seconds then suddenly go out of sync. The longer you play them the more they come out of sync and it happens more rapidly.

In the past, before I was even beatgridding any of my songs, I would sync up 2 tracks (by quickly pressing it on and off) , play them and they would remain LOCKED. This 'going out of sync'....could this be caused by the beat gridding? I followed the TechTools tutorial and all my lines/ticks are matched up exactly on the kick of the beat throughout the song.

I dont know what's going on. Is there a preference setting or something that should be on or off?

Anyone have the same prob, or offer a solution to this?

thnx.
    Last edited by Nicky_Laws; 08-07-2008 at 11:30 AM.

I have a similar problem. I know some of my songs go off too, Even after beat gridding.....
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Could beat gridding be the problem? Because really, once you grid up a song and you find the exact BPM, couldnt you just go to your beatgrid marker and turn that off and your loops will STILL be seamless.

One of the reasons I still beatmatch oldskool style.

Are you sure your beatgrid is well enough? Can imagine that could be the problem.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

It would be cause by beat gridding if your beat grids are wrong.

Try leaving sync on and doing the mix. Does it still go all over the place?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

I had the same problem with songs going out of sync and used Mixmeister Bpm Analyzer to find the bpm of songs (i dont trust Traktors Bpm values), then i select the song in Traktors browser and right click select edit and enter the exact Bpm values (eg. 172.324) from MixMeister, click write tags,analyze track in tracktor if not already done and then i beat grid.
    It works for me.
    Last edited by -dIm-; 08-08-2008 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    -dIm-
    - Acer5050 Amd Turion 2Ghz 2GB RAM - Echo Indigo Dj - Audio DJ 8 - VESTAX VCI-100 SE - Ecler Nuo 4 - X-Session - Trigger Finger - Korgkaoss Pad Entrancer - Korg MicroKontrol - Novation25SL - 2 x Tec1210.
    Dj software - TraktorDj 3.3 - Traktor Scratch 1.2

Keep in mind that any BPM analyzer isn't 100% perfect. I grid mine manually, and NEVER rely on Traktor's analysis for the exact numbers. I just drop a beat grid and check the lines. If they aren't right then I adjust them until they are.

If you aren't going to really use the gridding system I think you are better off matching by ear.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    Keep in mind that any BPM analyzer isn't 100% perfect. I grid mine manually, and NEVER rely on Traktor's analysis for the exact numbers. I just drop a beat grid and check the lines. If they aren't right then I adjust them until they are.

If you aren't going to really use the gridding system I think you are better off matching by ear.
    question...

once you have the EXACT bpm of a song, and enter that value in the bpm text box, isnt it just a matter of pressing the loop button at the right moment when you want to loop? - shouldnt that make your loop seamless?

I don't have Traktor in front of me right now, unfortunately, but I think you want to make sure you don't have 'snap' or something like that selected, if you aren't dropping a beat grid.

Honestly, though, if you're going through the trouble of getting the exact BPM of a song there should be no problem with dropping a beat grid. Just hotkey it or something.

The problem, as far as I could see it, is that loops are measured by beats. If you don't tell Traktor where the beats are it can't really measure them accurately. For example, even if Traktor knows that the tempo is 140bpm, but you don't put down a beat grid I don't think the program can accurately define the 8 beats at 140bpm. To get around this, if you really don't want to use beat grids, you can hot key "Set Loop Start" and "Set Loop End" and it should be seamless then. Just extra buttons, unfortunately
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    To get around this, if you really don't want to use beat grids, you can hot key "Set Loop Start" and "Set Loop End" and it should be seamless then. Just extra buttons, unfortunately
    I feel i am being totally slack if i dont beatgrid- to me its just sloppy mixing for a number of reasons, its one of those must do things for me before i will mix with the song.

Beat jumps will be on time, loops arn't such a pain in the butt to pull off, you don't have to worry about things going out of time as much as if you would if you were just relying on pitch faders. Basicly you just dont have the same ammount of control over the mix if you did if you beatgrided.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast