Kontrol S4 Mk.2 in September?

Default Kontrol S4 Mk.2 in September?

Just wanted to hear if anyone have got an idea or heard any rumors. Will there soon be a new Kontrol S4 in production?

Just read this article, notice first comment I'm not saying he is reliable, but it got me thinking. It's a while since they made the S4 and I would definitively be interested in a new one! The Pioneer DDJ-SX is a for me the first real competitor to the Kontrol S4. What do you guys think? So have you heard any rumors or perhaps even seen any leaked images ?

http://djworx.com/price-drop-traktor...-in-the-wings/
    ECLER EVO 5★★TRAKTOR KONTROL X1★★2x TECHNICS SL1210 MK.2

Tech Convert

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by FEEDIT View Post
    Just wanted to hear if anyone have got an idea or heard any rumors. Will there soon be a new Kontrol S4 in production?

Just read this article, notice first comment I'm not saying he is reliable, but it got me thinking. It's a while since they made the S4 and I would definitively be interested in a new one! The Pioneer DDJ-SX is a for me the first real competitor to the Kontrol S4. What do you guys think? So have you heard any rumors or perhaps even seen any leaked images ?

http://djworx.com/price-drop-traktor...-in-the-wings/
    So I was talking to a rep from NI today, the S4 is being discontinued. There will be a new controller coming out soon. The price drop is indeed used to clear the shelves of current S4's. Rumor is, that the new one will be made of metal and the jog wheels will be bigger. I can't totally say that will be true, hopefully it is true because I'm tired of the cheap feel of the S4.

That article is from June, when the price drop occurred. There has been rampant speculation ever since (and before, really), and it's well documented on DJTT and over at NI.

In summary: no one knows anything for sure yet, and there are no leaked images.

Tech Mentor

I hear its going to be real simple; just a giant jogwheel that understands my thoughts. Oh, and a sync button. Can't forget that.

You mean like one of these bish0p ?

Attached Images Attached Images

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by antifmradio View Post
    You mean like one of these bish0p ?

Haha. Exactly.

A jog-ball instead of a jog-wheel??!! Sign me up!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

I'd map it to tell a future :P