Why does my rig never work right in a club (X1's specifically)
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why does my rig never work right in a club (X1's specifically)

So every time I setup in a proper club my rig never wants to work properly. Usually I'm using 2 X1's with native mappings and an A6 running to the clubs mixer. Either neither of the x1's will be recognized by tsp, or if I'm lucky only 1 will work. If I don't use my USB hub and plug the a6 and one X1 directly into my computer then it's all good. But as soon as I plug both X1's into the hub shit hits the fan. When I take it home and set it up everything works flawlessly, but take it to the club the next night and the same issues pop up.
    For the record I am using a cheap hub. But if it works fine at home, why not a club environment?
    A&H Xone 62, 2 x X1's, A6, Sony MDR V-700's

u using a windows pc right?

Nope. It's an 09 MacBook that is clean as a whistle.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

For the record I am using a cheap hub.
    Vibration is a bitch, and a slightly loose USB cable will cause major issues being recognized properly .. try a decent hub.

Do you bring your own conditioned power strip or are you plugging into whatever you find at the club? Are ANY of the lights on the same leg of power? Are the Amps?
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    Do you bring your own conditioned power strip or are you plugging into whatever you find at the club? Are ANY of the lights on the same leg of power? Are the Amps?
    I've only ever seen dirty power being an issue with Mains powered devices (e.g. CDJ's, Mixers, Amps) never power bricked ones which have a very wide voltage range (normally 100-240v). Even at that 2 X1's should not even draw enough power for that to make a difference.

Moving on from that though, is it a powered or unpowered Hub ?
    Last edited by deevey; 08-14-2013 at 04:58 AM.

Welcome to being a dj. The gods of bad luck have it out for us big time.....

But seriously make sure all your USB cables have a ferrite interference filter on them. It actually makes a difference if you get your rig too close to an amp or something, those things put out serious magnetic interference.
    Last edited by 031999; 08-14-2013 at 05:44 AM.

I am using a non-powered hub, and my USB cables are the ones that came with the X1's.

Try a POWERED hub. This is very likely to be the culprit. (for the usb issue anyways)
    Lenovo P580 || TSP2 || Traktor Z2 || 2x Audio-Technica AT-LP120 || Pioneer HDJ 1500 || Behringer B212D || http://www.mixcloud.com/Calzonetti/

If you always use the same gear and the problem happens in multiple locations, it is probably a power related issue with your gear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast