4trak + turnatable
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 4trak + turnatable

Hello I am trying to figure out how to set up my turntables to play on 2 of the 4trak channels either via line/phono and leaving two to drag digital from the Traktor library?
    I have two external usb interfaces with midi, however the 4 trak does not support midi. I also have a djm 700 in case it might help.

I appreciate the help, cheers!

This can be done without the use of additional hardware.

2 of the inputs on the back of the 4trak are labelled phono/line. Plug your turntables into these inputs and switch the switch to phono. Connect the grounding wires from the turntables to the post on the back of the 4trak. Switch the little switches above whichever channels you connected the turntables to (I can't tell by looking at pictures which inputs they are) to Line.

Turntables should now play through these 2 channels, and the other 2 channels can be used for traktor decks.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    This can be done without the use of additional hardware.

2 of the inputs on the back of the 4trak are labelled phono/line. Plug your turntables into these inputs and switch the switch to phono. Connect the grounding wires from the turntables to the post on the back of the 4trak. Switch the little switches above whichever channels you connected the turntables to (I can't tell by looking at pictures which inputs they are) to phono.

Turntables should now play through these 2 channels, and the other 2 channels can be used for traktor decks.
    Phono!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Phono!
    Phono if playing actual records, line if playing timecoded vinyl.

e/ double post.

Quote Originally Posted by Danek View Post
    Phono if playing actual records, line if playing timecoded vinyl.
    Still phono, no?

Line = timecode.

Phono = records.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Still phono, no?
    No, when playing timecoded it must be line, I would know because my set is a pair of turntables with timecoded vinyl :P

Line = timecode.

Phono = records.

Phono!
    The switch above the faders (from what I can tell by looking at the pics) Don't have a phono setting, I'm guessing the line setting just switches it to whichever input you have selected on the back of the unit (line/phono).

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    Still phono, no?
    That's what I thought. Regardless of if I'm using timecode or vinyl I've always set mine to phono.

Unless your using an external soundcard for the timecode (SL1, A6 etc.) then I think it has to be set to Line...
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Danek View Post
    No, when playing timecoded it must be line, I would know because my set is a pair of turntables with timecoded vinyl :P
    I've actually never setup the timecode vinyl when we used them lol, lesson learned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast