No WAV or FLAC? Straight MP3...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default No WAV or FLAC? Straight MP3...

I'm finding through my little travels to get dem' tunes, that a lot of them straight up don't have any higher quality files.

Can I make do with 320kbps MP3's? I just don't want to go to a gig one day, play that out, and have it sound like absolute shite :/

Tech Guru

320kbps is fine. The only reason it could sound bad is if it was converted from a poor source.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

So it could say that it's 320kbps and still sound like da doodies? Fuark.

Tech Guru

If you buy your music from legitimate sources, the quality will be as expected. If you don't, well, that's illegal and you won't get any help here.

Tech Guru

Also if you have decent headphones you'll be able to hear the quality yourself when you get each track.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by Chrxstxxn View Post
    I'm finding through my little travels to get dem' tunes, that a lot of them straight up don't have any higher quality files.

Can I make do with 320kbps MP3's? I just don't want to go to a gig one day, play that out, and have it sound like absolute shite :/
    Most people JUST play 320kbps MP3s, myself included.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Most people JUST play 320kbps MP3s, myself included.
    Will this not be noticeable in clubs? I dunno where I read this but it said that really only festivals are capable of making the difference known. Dunno man just don't wanna buy a bunch of 320's, drop a WAV, and have the sound be completely different.

naah its cool, i believe the issue is more in pitching/stretching

Tech Wizard

Could you go in on that? I know shitlocks about this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrxstxxn View Post
    Will this not be noticeable in clubs? I dunno where I read this but it said that really only festivals are capable of making the difference known. Dunno man just don't wanna buy a bunch of 320's, drop a WAV, and have the sound be completely different.
    Even on a £10k audiophile HIFI setup it's almost impossible to tell the difference between 320kbps MP3 and uncompressed audio, let alone on a PA system - all of which sound utter wank in comparison to even a £1k hifi system, let alone a £10k one.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast