A first for me yesterday

Default A first for me yesterday

Last night I finally got the chance to spin without any tables and just two X1's... Me and my buddy both have a single X1 each and we finally decided to just run them solo with his DJM 850, and I'll tell you what it was a lot of fun.

It was our first time for the two of us and we were able to jump right in and mix 4 tracks at once without using sync.. Just loops and a lot of focus lol. Took a few minutes to get used to but not bad at all. I felt like Felix da Housecat last night.

TL;DR version:

I can spin with two X1's now.

/thread

Tech Mentor

Nice man, I would've panicked if I didn't have a mixer available.

how the hell do you pitch control without SYNC on the X1?

don't tell me you do the whole SHIFT tempo crap.

Just press SYNC twice done.

>

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    don't tell me you do the whole SHIFT tempo crap.

Just press SYNC twice done.

>
    Yeah, I did it that way. Why would I set it up to just cheat and do nothing manually? Kind of lame.

Remapping the x1 to use the a knob for pitch control works fairly well. I'm kind on this same page of why use sync when you can do it yourself. Plus playing out I have far more respect for other people that don't use sync. If I look over and see sync usually I pre determine a few things. Such ad you likely can't dj without a computed. Or your set will likely be filled with subpar tracks,mixing, likely have offbeat problems....

Sad I do that but it is usually first few thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Remapping the x1 to use the a knob for pitch control works fairly well. I'm kind on this same page of why use sync when you can do it yourself. Plus playing out I have far more respect for other people that don't use sync. If I look over and see sync usually I pre determine a few things. Such ad you likely can't dj without a computed. Or your set will likely be filled with subpar tracks,mixing, likely have offbeat problems....

Sad I do that but it is usually first few thoughts.
    Mine too, but apparently that makes us snobs. I am turned off by it greatly unless I see you doing some complex mixing, running 4 decks, looping tracks, etc.

But assigning a knob for pitch bend actually might not be a bad idea, I haven't attempted to use a single mapping yet outside of the standard one. I'll have to look into it.