hello:

I recently had a problem with the audio while I was playing with Traktor. The mixer was a Mixer Pioneer 800, therefore I plugged in my stuff properly and the set up of my volumes were:

Main volume -4db
Deck gain in traktor 0db
channel gain in mixer +2db or +3db
Main volume in mixer 0db
Audio DJ8 sound card from native instruments
I connected my stuff with the traktor cratch pro cables BUT I WAS NOT USING THE PIONEER 1000MK3 AS CONTROLERS, I USED MY X1
KEEP IN MIND THAT I USE QUALITY MUSIC FROM BEATPORT

Someone was playing before with vinyls and when I started the volume and the quality dropped down drastically and even when I was trying to increase the volume in the mixer or in traktor, the volume and quality was not good. I tried to balance everything as much as possible but the final sound was something like having a SIDE CHAIN in place (now I think this latter was because the limiter was on). So I played so and after me started to play another DJ with the same stuff but with a MOTU ultralight sound card, my surprise was that the volume and quality was by far much better than mine. So I don't understand what the hell happened. YOUR INPUT WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL.

Now I tried to setup my stuff as follow:

Main volume -6db
Autogain ON per Deck volume in traktor
Limiter OFF
channel gain in mixer 0db
Main volume in mixer 0db
Audio DJ8 sound card from native instruments
I connected my stuff WITH SIMPLE RCA CABLES AND I CONTROL EVERYTHING WITH MY X1

1.-what do you think?
2.- what should I do?
3.- is not my sound card of good quality?
4.- would I improve my sound quality if I change my sound card? which one? I wanna sound like a pro
5.- what could happen such day?
6.- what are the crucial points to check before starting to play?
7.- why my sound quality is too bad?

THANKS IN ADVANCE