NI Kontrol s4

Thread: NI Kontrol s4

Default NI Kontrol s4

Help me out guys. Is Native Instruments trying to sell out all of their S2 and S4 because they are coming up with something new? The price for these are just too good. I want to get an S4 soo badly but I don't want to get it and then find out there is a new one... <.< What should I do????

Quote Originally Posted by Deanlists View Post
    Help me out guys. Is Native Instruments trying to sell out all of their S2 and S4 because they are coming up with something new? The price for these are just too good. I want to get an S4 soo badly but I don't want to get it and then find out there is a new one... <.< What should I do????
    We don't know for sure what they plan on doing, but I think it might be safe to assume that since everything is dropping in price that something new is in the works for the near future.

No one knows. Seriously, it's all speculation. They are selling the S4 and S2 at reduced prices until they "run out of stock", which implies they are either:

1) Getting out of the all-in-one controller market in favor of modular controllers (X1/F1/Z1/etc).

or

2) They are releasing updated models.

Do you want a deal or the newest device at full price (if a newer one even comes out)? The current S4 is very capable, and you won't be disappointed. It's a great deal. A new model will likely be quite expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    No one knows. Seriously, it's all speculation. They are selling the S4 and S2 at reduced prices until they "run out of stock", which implies they are either:

1) Getting out of the all-in-one controller market in favor of modular controllers (X1/F1/Z1/etc).

or

2) They are releasing updated models.

Do you want a deal or the newest device at full price (if a newer one even comes out)? The current S4 is very capable, and you won't be disappointed. It's a great deal. A new model will likely be quite expensive.
    you have a point... and it looks freaking awesome and i want it really bad... lol i will get it and continue with the work! thank you guys

Tech Guru

That's partly the problem with digital DJing, you can change your kit like you change your phone, every year or so. But in the case of DJ kit, when something new arrives, the 'old' doesn't suddenly become obsolete. Blimey, Technics managed a couple of decades with no problem

Grab an S4, you won't be disappointed, and it's damn cheap now. Like everyone I'm eagerly anticipating NI's move with regard to the all in one controller and TP3, but tbh, I can't see myself shelling out anytime soon.

Enjoy
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.