Maudio FW configuration
    Tech Convert

Default Maudio FW configuration

Hi everyone, i just update traktor to 1.2 and i noticed that my config of my firewire audiophile its the default (44.100hz and 256 buffer size) with a 5.5ms of latency, i never played before with this things, becouse i have only minor problems with the vci-100+audiophile+traktor (some times it freeze)

I need to know what its the mean of the sampler rate and the buffer size, and how this things afects the performance, so i will be waiting your help.

Now i have been testing 48.000hz and 128 buffer samples with 2.5ms of latency, it gives 25-30% cpu load.

Tech Convert

Little help please

Leave it at the default, 44.100hz is CD quality and 256 buffer size giving you 5.5ms of latency should be ok to use any controller. This is what I use with my Audiophile. If you push things harder you may end having cpu spikes or sound distortion depending on how powerful is your system, if it works, why change it? don't overthink things.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by pepehouse View Post
    Leave it at the default, 44.100hz is CD quality and 256 buffer size giving you 5.5ms of latency should be ok to use any controller. This is what I use with my Audiophile. If you push things harder you may end having cpu spikes or sound distortion depending on how powerful is your system, if it works, why change it? don't overthink things.
    So you never have a problem with this settings??

No, I have never had problems but that depends on your CPU, if some glitches appear you should increase the buffer size wich will increase also the latency till the distortion ends, if it works at 256 just leave it like that.
    "I was caught so many times getting oral sex in the booth it was disgusting. I would tell the girls, "Bet you can't make me miss a beat"" (Francis Grasso)

Home
    Mixcloud