Mixer Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixer Help

Tech Wizard

Default Mixer Help

Hello DJTT,my cheap and dodgy mixer broke and I have recently found out about DVS and so I was wanting to get some suggestions about a setup including timecode vinyl.also I would like to still be able to play my vinyl records if I wished. Also the solution shouldn't be like out of thi work expensive ps. Already own vinyl decks

What software do you use? That will decide which mixer you want to go with.

If you are using Traktor then the Z2 is probably what you want. You can find them used for a decent price right now.

If you are using Serato, then that is going to cost a bit more, since their certified mixers do not come cheap.

Tech Wizard

Default Mixer help

Yeah I am looking at traktor because of what I have seen on DJTT.
    Is it better to get a z2 or a separate mixer and a audio 6 ???

if youre using traktor there really is no substitute for the Z2 as a dvs mixer at that price point. its an amazing mixer.
    Lenovo P580 || TSP2 || Traktor Z2 || 2x Audio-Technica AT-LP120 || Pioneer HDJ 1500 || Behringer B212D || http://www.mixcloud.com/Calzonetti/

Tech Wizard

Will I still be able to play my vinyl's on the z2 because I heard it runs in internal mode??

Tech Mentor

I love my Z2.

Advantage of going separate though with an A6 means you can rock up and plug into anyones mixer.

Tech Wizard

With the z2 can I still play vinyl records??

I have a Denon DN-X1600, and although they are pricey, it's an AMAAAAAZZZING piece of kit, I love it...

Very robust, takes all 4 decks (vinyl and cd), you have the option to use live input in Traktor to play your records, or you can flick whichever channel you want to use to the deck you want to use to play the record (every channel is fully assignable, and interchangeable with eachother), it's Traktor certified also with built in Audio / Midi interface and effects that you can use to compliment the effects in Traktor, you can map it as a midi controller too so you can use it to control functions in Traktor while you are playing (I've not done this with mine though)

The downside as mentioned by Panda, which I have also found is that you will eventually need an external soundcard if you want to play out at a club or party without taking your mixer, I got an Audio 6 when I bought Traktor, but I have now moved to a Scarlett 6i6 and it does the job brilliantly.

If you are of course just starting to build your DVS system, then when you buy Traktor Scratch, you will get either an Audio 6 or Audio 10 soundcard in the pack anyway.

There are a lot of mixers out there that can do the trick, I bought a the top end of the market because I wanted build quality and also I want my kit to hold it's value if I ever need to sell it, and they are the 2 main reasons why spending that little extra is sometimes a good idea.

Tech Wizard

i have done some reading up on the z2 and the dnx 1600 they both seem like extremely good options i was just wondering how much would they set be back new or used ??
    and also is the poneer djm t-1 a decent investment ??

Z2, maybe a Korg Zero4 as well if you can find a nice second hand one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast