quick questions

Thread: quick questions

Tech Convert

Default quick questions

ok so I have a question so I am having trouble beatmatching a song a some vocals... I have warped each file but it still sounds way off... here is the file ( I am using ableton live 8 )

http://www.divshare.com/download/8635063-022

also I want to mix this with some other songs like this iz there a lesson on doing this with ableton or is it some complicated process sorry for the rookie questions...

not to divert you to another site, but abletonlivedj forum has some good posts about warping vocals

good luck
    We don't believe in the star system. We want the focus to be on the music. If we have to create an image, it must be an artificial image. That combination hides our physicality and also shows our view of the star system. It is not a compromise-daftpunk

I can't hear the track as I'm at work at the moment, so not sure 100% what the problem is. I've done many vocal hip hop mixes in ableton without a problem, try not to take the bpm too far from it's original for obvious reasons. And if still struggling just loop the first few bars for mixing the track in and then the last few bars for mixing out, leave the rest as intending. Does this help or am I way off?

Also, when I'm struggling to warp a track I beatmatch with a simple 4x4 beat, makes it so much easier and quicker.
    Last edited by shima records; 09-25-2009 at 08:20 AM.
    JOHN SHIMA | LIVE RADIO SHOW
    ALTERNATE SUNDAYS 8PM - 10PM (GMT)
    DETROIT TECHNO | DEEP HOUSE | BLEEPS | ACID
    www.future-music.co.uk