Numark mixdeck channel problem

Default Numark mixdeck channel problem

Hi everyone, first time posting so hope I am doing I right. I am only just starting out dj'ing and recently bought a numark mixdecj universal system (the one with ipod dock in the middle) it was advertised as ex-display stock, after receiving it I hooked it up with virtual dj and all seems to be working fine except for that when two tracks are playing both can be heard through speakers while fader is on channel 1 (all low mid high dials ect work on this side) but when I move the cross fader over to channel 2 nothing.. display works but no sound from either deck. I don't know if this is somting really simple to fix or if it is faulty. product from America and im in aus so hard to contact supplier. Any help appreciated.

Cheers A

Tech Convert

First of all you should tell us what version of VDJ you have,but any way this may be a possible fix:
    Go into settings and then sound setup and if "laptop (with Y-cable)" is selected then select "simple (no headphones)"

Tech Convert

Download and install "ASIO4ALL" sound driver and choose it as your output in VDJ and be sure that your mixdeck is activated in the ASIO4ALL config, should work, had the same problem with my Mixdeck Express with VDJ back in the days. Look up for tuturials with this driver and VDJ, should be easy to find

Cheers

Tech Wizard

Try checking your output routing, you might have both decks going to the same output. And make sure that the deck source is set to pc for both channels.