So I bought a Twitch - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jprime View Post
    We need a new overlay for the serato DJ update :/

*checks 12inchskinz *
    I had a hell of a time cutting one out. If you do, just remember to cut bigger than you think for the knobs
    Cheers!
    | 13" rMBP | KORG ZERO4 | NOVATION TWITCH | 2 X CDJ-200 | KONTROL X1 |

you can create your own overlay in illustrator or photoshop with the templates from the 12 inch skins website. Everything is in layers so you can turn off the text layer or change the text you want to show, Then it's $55 for them to print it, if you don't want to spend that much on it you could probably see your local sign writer and get it printed cheaper but you probably won't be able to get the 3M vinyl sticker. Just remember to set your color pallet to CMYK not RGB.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

As being a long Tim trakto user v1.06 when I started. I enjoy serato dj immensely more I sometimes miss traktor effects. But find I'm more inclined to do realtime mash ups in serato

Using serato for 2 years now by the way traktor for what 13? 14?

Tech Mentor

In the end, it's not about which software you use, it's about the skill that you display on the table that makes the crowd go wild. No one is going to come up on stage and say to you "This guy uses Serato instead of Traktor, I dislike his DJ skills now even though I was having immense fun before knowing this".

The skill and music that you put forward is what the sportsmanship of DJing is about

i've recently upgraded to dj from itch too, and could do with a new overlay too, i'm good friends with a sign writer that produces things very cheap for me, BUT i dont have any time to make an overlay, if anyone fancies putting it together to 1:1 scale, i'll gladly have them printed and posted onto you at whatever the cost price is.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Quote Originally Posted by Danek View Post
    In the end, it's not about which software you use, it's about the skill that you display on the table that makes the crowd go wild. No one is going to come up on stage and say to you "This guy uses Serato instead of Traktor, I dislike his DJ skills now even though I was having immense fun before knowing this".

The skill and music that you put forward is what the sportsmanship of DJing is about
    OP is DJing for his own enjoyment so software choice is of paramount importance. When you don't play in bars or clubs your choice of software has a big say in how much enjoyment you get out of mixing.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    yeah I kinda love it when people shit all over my im back thread.

kids... what can ya do about em?
    You know of all the Serato controllers and for the purpose of just enjoying playing music my favorite controller has ALWAYS been the VCI-300. I thought about getting a Twitch for a bit, sold my VCI-300, and ended up getting another one. Platters are probably the most responsive next to the NS7. BigBeatzz on here gave me some Rane TTM knobs to put on the VCI and I've always though it's the closest and most portable feel to two decks and a mixer. Add a few effects and it feels like a mini DJM set up with solid scratchable platters. i think you used to have one?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    You know of all the Serato controllers and for the purpose of just enjoying playing music my favorite controller has ALWAYS been the VCI-300.
    Absolutely.

I had one for a while, & really regret selling it now. Quite simply, the VCI 300 was pretty close to a battle mixer & a pair of decks. .....it just let you get on with playing the tunes.

I'd be tempted to grab another one, if I found one cheap enough.
    Cheers

IAN WILLIAMS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123