So I bought a Twitch
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default So I bought a Twitch

guess you'll be seeing me around here again.

big ups to the good folks at beatport for letting me download all my old music because im retarded and never back anything up.

also, is jesc still in the closet? just curious
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

Nice.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xtianw View Post
    also, is jesc still in the closet? just curious
    Welcome back man..!

...and no, JesC is out of the closet and screaming like a pink gin.

Tech Guru

yeah i couldnt say no to this deal.

should be interesting exploring minimal / techno playing with the new serato.

i fired it up last night with the new serato dj. looks good so far, still need to play with all those new izotope effects. im curious to see how good they really are.
    Last edited by xtianw; 10-30-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Baked Chicken | Brown Rice | Asparagus | Apple Juice | Snack Wells | Pretzel Chips | Lots of Water

As experienced Twitch user I'd advise you to get Traktor and the Twitch mapping for it. Works way better than itch/serato DJ imo.

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Tech Guru

well, serato dj support didnt release until yesterday....

but that said, dj'ing for me as a "competitve thing" is years behind me at this point. been there, done that. made thousands. over it.

i just dj for the sake of doing it at this point. so the idea of exploring all these new features of serato dj (to be clear, its not running twitch, its running serato dj and itch support didnt exist before last night in the software) is fun to me.

well, serato dj support didnt release until yesterday....

but that said, dj'ing for me as a "competitve thing" is years behind me at this point. been there, done that. made thousands. over it.

i just dj for the sake of doing it at this point. so the idea of exploring all these new features of serato dj (to be clear, its not running twitch, its running serato dj and itch support didnt exist before last night in the software) is fun to me.
    FX packs or no FX packs, Serato is just shite in comparison to Traktor unless you're a turntablist. It'd be well worth using Traktor with the Twitch, especially now that remix deck support is open for 3rd party controllers.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Guru

i understand that, but you might wanna take a look at my post history and when i joined this site.

ive likely been using traktor longer than you have....

i understand that, but you might wanna take a look at my post history and when i joined this site.

ive likely been using traktor longer than you have....
    I'm not doubting or even debating that, just giving you my opinion as someone who's used both and found Serato to be severely lacking.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    FX packs or no FX packs, Serato is just shite in comparison to Traktor unless you're a turntablist. It'd be well worth using Traktor with the Twitch, especially now that remix deck support is open for 3rd party controllers.
    To each his own, Traktor has bugged out harder than Northern Manitoba in July for me since the early days :/ Serato? Never.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast