Lighting set up? Post em if you got em!

Default Lighting set up? Post em if you got em!

I just recently purchased some lasers and led lights. Im getting right into dmx control as the auto functions on lights aren't up to par with what my mind is thinking.

I have 2 lil lasers both ADJ
    -micro galaxian(for the dance floor)
    -micro hypnotic(for behind the dj)

I just ordered 2 more LED lights and a fog machine.
    -ADJ Quad Phase (facing the dj booth)
    -ADJ fogstorm 1200(facing the crowd)
    -Chauvet o beast (facing the crowd)
    -Chauvet obey 10 to control the two main led lights.

ADJ Quad Phase

Chauvet O Beast

If you have any videos of your set up post em up. If you think I should add anything let me know. Ill have a video up once the rest of it arrives from the post!

Next purchases will be par cans and stuff like that for ambient backgrounds and such.

If anyone has been doing projection work id be hella interested. Its popular over here but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot on the interwebs.

I'm about to start building up my light collection as well, I'll be interested to see what other users got.

[bfp]

This is my friends' (one happens to be my housemate) lighting company

http://www.radiantatmospheres.com/ra/works

[/bfp]

If your into lighting I should mention that if you use VDJ Pro on PC you can sync your light show to freestyler and have cuepoints in your tracks fire commands to change the scene, I sold all my lights a couple of years ago as they didn't get much use as I played clubs and rarely ever did house parties.

If you wan't to get into projection mapping, if you use a mac get syphon, then you can share images between different software, if that software is Resoulme/VDJ/Serato to 3DS Max or Unity you can create your 3D landscape and project the image onto it. A guy BeatBreaker on the VDJ Forum has been playing with it recently.
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by synthet1c View Post
    If your into lighting I should mention that if you use VDJ Pro on PC you can sync your light show to freestyler and have cuepoints in your tracks fire commands to change the scene, I sold all my lights a couple of years ago as they didn't get much use as I played clubs and rarely ever did house parties.

If you wan't to get into projection mapping, if you use a mac get syphon, then you can share images between different software, if that software is Resoulme/VDJ/Serato to 3DS Max or Unity you can create your 3D landscape and project the image onto it. A guy BeatBreaker on the VDJ Forum has been playing with it recently.
    Id be more inclined to get someone else to make the 3Ds stuff.

It takes so long to do basic things in that program haha.

I just feel a projector can do amazing effects and cover a huge area(while being able to map out spots you don't want light on)

GAH im quite impatient with this waiting game.

I Have serato dj with video whenver I get to that point. First step control dmx.
    Last edited by AllDay; 08-21-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    I'm about to start building up my light collection as well, I'll be interested to see what other users got.
    What are you looking at getting yourself? Any ideas as of right now?