Does Finalscratch 2.0 Still work in Traktor 3.3?
    Tech Wizard

Default Does Finalscratch 2.0 Still work in Traktor 3.3?

Hey I used to use Final Scratch 2.0 before I moved on to Serato. But, I still have the Scratch Amp. After seeing all of the controllerism ideas you have here I was thinking about moving back to Traktor.

My questions are:
    Will the Scratch Amp work as a sound card in Traktor 3.3?

Also, will the Final Scratch timecode still work with Traktor 3.3 after NI and Stanton split up?

Lastly, if i get the Traktor Scratch vinyl or CD (for my CDX), will it work through the scratch amp? Or do I have to have the Traktor Scratch Hardware?

thanks

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I know you can't use the FS2 for the traktor scratch vinyl/CDs cause they massively upgraded their timecoding.

You can use the Final Scratch box as a sound card, though, just like any other sound card.

I don't know if you can use the Final Scratch time code with Traktor, though. I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Guru

I know you can't use the FS2 for the traktor scratch vinyl/CDs cause they massively upgraded their timecoding.
    To be accurate, you can't use the Stanton Scratchamp for DVS operation in Traktor because each company has removed their respective IP from eachother's products and aren't playing together in that sandbox anymore. There was actually an update to Traktor 3 that REMOVED the Stanton compatibility, but the first couple Traktor 3 versions will still allow DVS mode with the Scratchamp attached. In that older version of Traktor 3, you of course use the FS2 timecode as well.

Later versions of Traktor 3 will only allow DVS operation when (A) Traktor Scratch is also registered, and (B) the A8DJ interface is connected. Both conditions need to be met before you can use T3 for DVS. Also, the TS vinyl must be used (which isn't a problem since you already have the product).

There is no way to get into T3 DVS operation cheaply. Both products must be owned, and NI hardware and timecode must be used.