Having some problems setting up my A10
    Tech Student

Default Having some problems setting up my A10

Whatsup Guys,

I recently got my hands on a Traktor A10 and tried to hook it up with my decks but it is giving me some fucking grief. Heres a pic of my setup. I have had it like that for a while just using an old version of traktor and using a mackie d.2 as a traktor interface so that i could get scratch control.

When i got the A10 i hooked it up just like the manual said but it just would not work on one turntable and was very sensitive on the other. One of my decks is real old and has some issues with the ground cable but it seems to work fine in the old traktor. Is the new version and the A10 itself a lot more sensitive to a deck being properly ground? It works fine when playing normal records or using old traktor so i don't know why i am having such trouble know with the new version of traktor and the A10.

Has anyone else had any similar problems or know of any solutions short of replacing the ground cable?

You have cables coming in or out of 2 channels on your A10, but nothing going the other way. Am I just not seeing it? Looks like there's some cables missing.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

With bad RCA and ground cables it'll be hard hooking up to the A10... I had issues the other day with my boy's 1200's but when he plugged em into his S4 they worked fine...

Also, it looks like you're missing some cables there on the A10.. Do you have RCA cables running from the outs into your mixer?

Tech Mentor

Is that the TSP certified version of the Mackie D2? (with an audio interface built in)

Tech Guru

If you bought a new version of the Scratch A10 package you won't be able to use Mk1 vinyl, which seems to be on your turntables in the picture.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Problem solved. Add some cables, and use the mk2 vinyl
    2007 Macbook Pro
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    You have cables coming in or out of 2 channels on your A10, but nothing going the other way. Am I just not seeing it? Looks like there's some cables missing.
    No need for multicores with the new cards.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Oh really...i did not know that.
    2007 Macbook Pro

Buges do you have the AC adaptor for the audio 10? You cannot use the thru mode without it (hard to tell from the pic)
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

You can't use the A10 at all without the AC adapter (afaik), and you need cables routed from the turntables to the A10 inputs (only the A10 outputs are connected in the picture).
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB