Why do I get so much bass feedback when I switch to Live Input on Traktor Scratch Pro
    Tech Mentor

Default Why do I get so much bass feedback when I switch to Live Input on Traktor Scratch Pro

When I play my timecoded vinyl on track deck mode in TSP, everything is fine, but when I play my real vinyl records and switch to Live Input, I get a shit load of Bass feedback, why is it like this? What can I do to fix it?

Have you tried different needles?
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Play real vinyl through DVS and you shouldn't get that problem...just map a button to change deck to live input so you can record mixes with real vinyl too...

There is a slight difference in output volume which is most likely what you are experiencing. Phono is always louder
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--

Your tables aren't properly isolated. What do you have them on? What's happening is the bass is causing your table/stand to vibrate and that vibration is picked up by the needles causing a feedback loop. You need to better isolate the tables from the stands. If that makes sense.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Rhashime View Post
    Your tables aren't properly isolated. What do you have them on? What's happening is the bass is causing your table/stand to vibrate and that vibration is picked up by the needles causing a feedback loop. You need to better isolate the tables from the stands. If that makes sense.
    My turntables are on a wooden table that has a drawer inside (hollow) and my subwoofer is underneath it. That's probably what it is :/

i assume they're grounded properly?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    i assume they're grounded properly?
    what do you mean by grounded?

Quote Originally Posted by Danek View Post
    what do you mean by grounded?
    The ground wire off of the turntables... Make their connection to the mixer is good.

Ha I didn't read the original post right... Vibrations can give you that trouble like dude said above...

You should place your sub in corner of room and you should be ok
    --> (2) Technics 1200 mk2, (1) Technics 1200 m3d, (1) Technics 1200 mk5, Pioneer DJM-S9, Rokit 5 Monitors, BX8 Monitor, TSP2, SDJ, DJP4M (DjProForMac), 2015 Macbook Pro (Quad Core i7 2.5ghz, 16GB RAM, 2GB AMD-R9, 1GB SSD) <--