Digital Vinyl HELP NEEDED!

Default Digital Vinyl HELP NEEDED!

So I have decided to move to digital vinyl and my only issue is I don't understand how to wire my set up? I have a Numark stereo io and I want to be able to use the mp3 music on my laptop on my vinyl using timecode but I want to play the sound through my laptop speakers, purely because my amps etc are all blown:/ and incase you need to know I am not using a mac, I'm running windows 8

You need a traktor sound card, or certified mixer, OR a serato box with vinyl, OR equivalent Sound card and records. Do you have software yet?
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

DJTT #1 setup pimp 2012

The Numark Stereo IO device will only let you connect one turntable to your laptop.

You could hack together something like using a product like Ms. Pinky, or something with Virtual DJ, but you are looking at a world of frustration.

Your best option is to go out and purchase Traktor Scratch Pro, or Serato... with interfaces, timecode vinyl, and cables.

Another option, pick up a bcd3000 controller, cheap. It has a sound card in it. Grab yourself some traktor time code, and a copy of mix xx. Mixxx is free. Turntables into the bcd, bcd into laptop, Mixxx on your laptop. Won't cost more than 200$ if you shop around.

Read up on the forum, there are lots of threads about various controllers with built in sound cards, and lots about basic setups.
    Check out the show your setup forum, and see what people have put together on a budget.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.