How to build A local Scene
    Tech Wizard

Default How to build A local Scene

Hey Everyone,
    I am just wondering if there was anyone here that has built a local scene for EDM. There is some what one down here in music city, but they aren't about bringing in new talent unless you were with them before they were established. Let me know if anything like this has happened to you and how you got around it.

Thanks,
    PHader

Do you use Soundcloud? Do you have any music out? What are the details? Do you spin anywhere at all? Does anyone know who you are? Etc.

Tech Wizard

Have soundcloud, mixcloud, mixify, and my social media; all I have out right now are mixes, working on remixes/mashups/bootlegs right now. As far as spinning anywhere, currently no, just online; like I said, market for new acts are limited. You either need to be big name or from the local circle. Some of the people around here know who I am, I've tried getting with some of the promoters around, dropping my mixes off to promoters, other local djs and overall random people trying to get hype up, but still nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by PHader View Post
    Have soundcloud, mixcloud, mixify, and my social media; all I have out right now are mixes, working on remixes/mashups/bootlegs right now. As far as spinning anywhere, currently no, just online; like I said, market for new acts are limited. You either need to be big name or from the local circle. Some of the people around here know who I am, I've tried getting with some of the promoters around, dropping my mixes off to promoters, other local djs and overall random people trying to get hype up, but still nothing.
    It's a tough scene man, trust me. You gotta make your way into the circle somehow weather or not it be through drinking/drugs or some other way lol.. Because that sadly is a reality, although I don't encourage it.

my work almost moved me to Nashville, 2 months ago. I checked the music scene and told em, I didn't want to go!! But do a little more research on google. I think there is a small amount of underground EDM going on there.

Hardcore - https://www.facebook.com/TN.EDM

A few tours passing through. http://electronicmidwest.com/edm-eve...dar/tennessee/

I will say, you DEFINITELY need to go to the mainstream big name shows, so you can meet people and network, find people who like the same music. Who knows... you could be the next Kaskade. He built his own scene.

Tech Wizard

That's the plan, tomorrow night the bingo players are doing a gig, I am thinking about making a new hr long mix to hand out at the show. The TN EDM crew is who I was talking about; tried talking with that dude with no luck; plus I read somewhere he isn't going to be doing shows that much anymore. They shut down his venue on 9th ave downtown and has some one steal some of his lighting I guess I read in a post. I'm trying to do my own thing, get something working, trying to network with some of the people around, never had a shot at playing something more than small venues (think the max at one time was 250-300 people, and they were because the other bars were packed also).