What In-Ear Phones to get?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default What In-Ear Phones to get?

Hey, I just lost my pair of m-audio IE-30's :'( (after almost 3 great years together). I need to buy new in ear headphones before I go deff from normal ones. I was looking for another dual driver pair with sound cancelling (ear plug style) and maybe from shure. Anyone know some amazing in ear's for a really good price. (I will go up to about 150 in my price range)

Thanks.
    Electro House

[Podcast] Adrian P : Bangin' On Ya System

Subscribe!

shure... but pricey

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I like the bose in ear ones, the $100 price tag. THey have good response and they are the first pair of in ears that don't fall out of my ears.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Sennheiser IE7 or IE8?
    Really like them thus far, although I wasn't yet able to test them at a club.
    I mix stuff on my things...

ask an ear doctor near u to make u a silicon plug fitted for ur ear...not that expensive. then take these drill in 2 holes for in ear plugs and use some clue to fix them. i did it that way for drum monitoring. they did a damn good job until i lost them.

if not this way get ur self some shure slc 3!

edit: those silocon plugs are used for people who need a hearing device as a sample for the device
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 09-23-2009 at 02:10 PM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I hear etymotics are supposed to be one of the best for in-ear earphones. I think they used to make hearing aids first, so they should know what they're up to.

I have the bose in-ear ones. I don't know, they're ok I guess. I mean I want to like them seeing as I paid £80 for them, but the sound isn't what I would expect from Bose. Also the impedance is too high for it to be powered loud enough for my taste by my iPod nano.
    But on the plus I agree with DvlsAdvct, the large tips fit in my ears really well and snug, and you don't get the fatigue you usually get from normal in-ear earphones as the Bose one doesn't actually go into your ear canal. The trade off is lower isolation, however I've gone whole days without tiring my ears.

yeah, that's my 2.5˘ on Bose in-ear earphones

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian5 View Post
    Hey, I just lost my pair of m-audio IE-30's :'( (after almost 3 great years together). I need to buy new in ear headphones before I go deff from normal ones. I was looking for another dual driver pair with sound cancelling (ear plug style) and maybe from shure. Anyone know some amazing in ear's for a really good price. (I will go up to about 150 in my price range)

Thanks.
    Try using the M-AUDIO - IE-20 XB. i think you will find you can mix better with this lower model. The lows and highs are clearly defined, with the mids less there.

I use the Shure's. I got the mid priced model and love them. They are also noise canceling. The company replaces them too if they mess up. Just send them back and you get a new pair. I've also used the Bose ones, but don't like the design of the earbud. The tip always pops off and they never fit snug enough in my ear like the Shure's.

+1 for shures... sony makes some very good ear buds too. I used to have an older pair of EX51s they were amazing.
    Numark NS7 | Asus U81A - C2D 2.1ghz 4gb 320gb | Serato Itch | Traktor Pro | Homework Help

Tech Convert

I had a good pair of shures for a while, but after I lost them, I went with a pair of Westone UM2. They were light years beyond anything I have ever heard. They sounded as good if not better than my Event monitors. I recently upgraded to a pair of Westone UM3x headphones, and they are even better in the clarity of the high end, while producing a solid punching bass. If you have a shop near you that stocks anything above the UM2, I'd recommend giving them a try.

Gary=-,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast