Clavin Harris is a boss.. - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by johney
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohjo
    Can someone tell me the idea behind a dj touring and playing his own music on cdjs? Why not do a live-act then? Doesn't the whole concept of a dj fall apart if he just plays his own music?
    no?
    Absolutely right, Dohjo! There are plenty of producer DJ's out there that play sets that include their own tracks. Roni Size for example. But he DOES NOT just play his own stuff willy-nilly. He'll build to his own tracks using tracks by other acts.

Then, when he drops his own tune, it goes off.

And I mean, IT GOES OFF!!!

Also, think of artists like DJ Shadow. When you go to a DJ Shadow show, you're gonna hear tunes that you will never hear anywhere again in your lifetime - but Shadow knows that every song in his set has a purpose. Leading up to when he drops some of his own stuff.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iambiggles View Post
    What an embarrassing prima donna. Looks like her criticism struck a little too close to home.

Honestly, if he cant take a bit of heckling from a crowd, he should probably just stay behind the mixing desk rather than go out live.

This is the difference between a pop performer and a real DJ.

Total tool.
    While it might not have been acceptable to call her a b**** and remove her from the club it's also really disrespectful and ignorant on that girls part to make comments like that. I don't know where people get off thinking just because they've paid money and are wasted that they can get away with saying whatever they want. If she's unhappy with the performance then she could've left and went to another club. I think it's ridiculous that anyone gets away with heckling a DJ or any performer for that matter. When you go to any form of entertainment you are paying for the act to put on a show, more specifically "their show." You're not going to go up to a comedian and say "how unoriginal, tell a different joke, or tell this joke" or go up to The Beatles and say "I don't like your stuff play Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys."

I wish all DJ's had the power to do this, then maybe people would think twice before heckling, just like at a comedy club. There's no way in hell i'd consider heckling the comedian for fear that they'll humiliate the hell out of me and likely be applauded for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    You're not going to go up to a comedian and say "how unoriginal
    you would if it's Dennis Leary. He stole most of Bill Hicks material! Sorry I just heard his set last week and had to rant as the opportunity arose... Continue
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

To the people saying he was so wrong for anything he did in that video... if you have EVER had a bad day and given someone guff who didn't deserve it, or snapped at someone unnecessarily, you are up to full on cuntery in this thread. Just to play devils advocate, is there anyone who can prove he didn't just have a shit week of punters being even more annoying than usual, poor hotel service, and general poor travel the past few days, and just get that straw on the camels back?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    To the people saying he was so wrong for anything he did in that video... if you have EVER had a bad day and given someone guff who didn't deserve it, or snapped at someone unnecessarily, you are up to full on cuntery in this thread. Just to play devils advocate, is there anyone who can prove he didn't just have a shit week of punters being even more annoying than usual, poor hotel service, and general poor travel the past few days, and just get that straw on the camels back?
    I don't give a shit how bad of a week he had. He's being paid thousands of dollars to play records for a couple hours. If the bitch is hurting your feelings, have her bounced. Don't stop the music, cry and create a scene. For fucks sake.

Calvin embHarris is a toss...
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Calvin embHarris is a toss...
    word!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dohjo View Post
    Can someone tell me the idea behind a dj touring and playing his own music on cdjs? Why not do a live-act then? Doesn't the whole concept of a dj fall apart if he just plays his own music?
    Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    actually he's a pop star first and foremost
    this.

he's actually done the live act thing already.
    a live act costs more out of pocket. more work. less profit.
    plus djing is all the rage now.

That video shows he has difficulty singing in tune.

I think Calvin playing his bog standard chart tracks in his DJ sets perhaps signifies a laziness, apathy, and ego. Not bothering to bring a creativity to his set. He must be mind numbingly bored of his 3 note cheesy synth-line tunes by now. At least live on stage they can add something new to the tracks.

I hate Calvin Harris and his music.... But, there is nothing wrong with playing your own songs. If you can't play your own shit than you shouldn't be making it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast