Issues and questions about Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2

Default Issues and questions about Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol X1 MK2

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping someone can help me since I've scoured the internet trying to find and answer without any luck.

I bought the Kontrol X1 MK2 today, I have a Mac Ver. 10.7.5. I've installed the Service center, Controller Editor, Device Updater, X1 Driver and Midipipe. When I plug in the Kontroller the lights ripple, and the shift key flashes for less than a second and then it seems to go dead completely.

Upon opening the Controller Editor the "Connect" button is grayed out, as if the device is not even connected. I've tried putting the Kontroller into Midi mode, uninstalling all the app and drivers (I even installed the X1 standard driver to see if that would work) and the service center, and reinstalled them. It obviously is not working with Serato Scratch Live either. My other mixers and devices work properly, so I don't think it's a USB power issue.

When I open the Device Updater it recognizes when the Kontrol X1 MK2 is plugged in and when it's not. So I'm VERY confused to say the least.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks so much,
    Nika

Tech Guru

Have you tested it in Traktor 2.6.3?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Default Re:

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Have you tested it in Traktor 2.6.3?
    No, I don't have or intend to use Traktor with it. If you were asking that to see if the device is broken; I don't believe it is. When I open the Device Updater it registers when it's connected. The more research I'm doing the more I think that Traktor did not intend for this equipment to work with anything other than traktor... But if that's the case, wouldn't it still recognize as connected in Controller Editor?

Also, I noticed that in the Controller Editor there is no option for the Mk2 mapping. Only Mk1. Maybe they haven't even integrated it into their software yet? Is this even possible?

Thank you.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Though the MIDI mode should work in any software that supports MIDI learn.