Hello, I have a question about anit-skating on the technics 1200 mk2... I just got done replacing the fixing-plate and brand new tonearm on my technics and to me everything is working well.. Now, i've been watching videos on setting the anti-skating and i'm a bit confused on a few things.. I know when putting in the fixing plate the ant-skate dial must be at zero and the anti-skate spring should also be at zero point.. My problem was I wasn't 100% sure where the zero point is on the fixing-plate so I had to re-assemble it a few times so the spring will catch on to the tone-arm and be able to move it.. So the position I set the spring to on the fixing plate is to the far right (from top view) closer to the beginning of the white gear...

When testing the anti-skate (tonearm floating evenly in the air, with the weight backed off and with the cartridge on) the tone arm is responsive and it is moved back to the arm rest if the tone arm is near the spindle... Also when set at 0 anywhere I put the tone arm (cartridge) will stay at that point and will not move back to the arm rest.. My understanding from the videos is this is how the tonearm should function when anti-skating is set to 0, and when turning it to 3 it should move back to the arm-rest, which it does. Whats confusing is some of the videos show them "playing tennis" with the tone-arm by moving the anti-skating back and forth from 0-3.. Mine will not do this, when set to zero it will not move all the way to the spindle by its self, it just stays there, but it will indeed move from any point towards the arm rest when setting the dial from 1 to 3.. So my question is should the tonearm be moving towards the spindle when set to zero by itself?

Sorry for the long question..

Thanks