Compare Platter Response: Traktor w/ DDJ-SX, NS7-II & 4Trak - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Definitely disagree unless you have the ean golden 400 which is coverted to traktor.

VCI 400 is native to serato and vdj both intro software with the controller.

DDj sx with serato is sex on the beach as is the s4 on traktor.
    Yes yes sorry i meant the DJTT ean golden special edition, sorry for the confusion.
    Agreed about SX and s4, still the 400SE is one hell of a beast with traktor
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by wrong chris View Post
    i wonder does the custom firmware that's installed on the Ean Golden edition VCI-400s make the controllers less compatible with other software like Ableton & Fruityloops?
    Unsure where production software is comming in?

You asked for controller with traktor specifically. EG edition runs as if it is native to traktor like the s2 and s4, thats why It is special. I own the regular vci 400 and its kind of sloppy. It does the job but its not the same thing at all.

if it didn't have such a terrible reputation for falling apart.
    Where is that? O.o
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

yeah yeah i know i'm just getting a feel for what the vci-400 EGE brings to the table, strengths and weaknesses. cheers for the info man

honestly after considering all the options, i'm leaning towards a Vestax VCM-600 midi controller - what it lacks in platters and analog mixer it makes up for with extra knobs, faders and buttons.

suppose i can't justify an expensive all-in-one dj style controller if one of the key features (platters) doesn't work properly with Traktor. what's unfortunate is the NI S4 would be the best option if it didn't have such a terrible reputation for falling apart.

decisions decisions
    You are incredibly confusing.. You asked for a controller to control traktor. The VCI 400 Ean Golden edition or the s2/s4 will be your best bet. Not sure where you read s4's fall apart, they are the most durable controller out there right now.(s2 is the burning man goto controller)

If your new to producing no point in even considering a controller for Ableton or FL. It will take you about a year to even understand the program properly let alone be using a controller with it.
    Last edited by AllDay; 10-05-2013 at 05:20 PM.

no i'm not new and if you are confused let me make something clear, a versatile midi controller that works just as well with Traktor as it does other software is a fundamental selling point - if not for you, well it is for me. that is what makes midi controllers cool, the possibilities of having an instrument that can be more than one thing.

if i was interested in limiting myself to oldschool analog hardware schools of thought (ie this instrument can only do one thing), i would be shopping for two turntables and a microphone, not a midi controller.

in addition, don't tell new producers to wait an entire year before incorporating a controller into their learning process & workflow. you would be hard-pressed to find a single professional recording arts program/instructor that would teach such a stupid idea - that's like telling an aspiring guitarist not to buy a guitar until he can read music.
    You clearly haven't produced yet then lmao. You can pick up a guitar/drum or instrument and start playing right away. Good luck doing that with a DAW LOL.
    As of right now there isn't any controller that is designed for traktor/serato/vdj that is meant for both and good for both. Its one or the other. Your closest bet would be getting a mixer, an f1 and x1 cause then you will have your faders and knobs. But imo its not gonna be amazing for either.

Once you start trying to learn a daw you will understand how dumb you look right now haha. Good luck trying to play piano keys with a controller lmao. Unless you get a DAW specific controller which wouldn't work well with traktor n serato. Get my drift yet?

Im not gonna bother trying to help someone who thinks he has it figured out but knows nothing.

Guys, let's keep the tone down a little.
    Chris, i would suggest a launchpad and a novation zero.

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Not sure where you read s4's fall apart, they are the most durable controller out there right now.(s2 is the burning man goto controller)
    you're kiddin', right?
    http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=68550
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

production, live, vci 400.
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

I have been using the VCI 400 with Traktor for a while, it is far from sloppy. You could also send in your VCI to DJTT for $50 and they will upgrade to the EGE firmware. It would work the same as the one above, as ableton only receives midi signals, which are still sent out by the VCI EGE. Yes some mappings wont work, and you will have to remap certain parts, but that is part of the draw of Traktor IMO, customization.
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Quote Originally Posted by flpanhandler View Post
    you know if you took the time to research your gear and ask the questions i've been asking in this thread, you wouldn't be the proud owner of a "sloppy VCI-400" that doesn't work properly with Traktor and probably isn't great for DAW software either - so basically a really expensive paperweight unless you are a Serato user ... just saying, there's no harm in being as thorough as i am and wanting the best for my needs. i do have to thank you for that piece of advice though, i am definitely not going to buy a stock VCI-400 after hearing your unfortunate luck with it.
    With your incredible research I'd like for you to show me a controller for $300 that has 4 channels. 8beatpads, full fx control with a filter knob that also controls a Daw properly.

Cause they don't make something like this even for $1000. LOL

DDJ sx, awesome controller, best response, rave reviews. Not for producing. Would it kinda work? yea.

Would it work well? No.

For 10 years of producing you seem to not know very much OP even with your wall o texts.
    Last edited by AllDay; 10-07-2013 at 11:51 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast