Compare Platter Response: Traktor w/ DDJ-SX, NS7-II & 4Trak
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default solved

solved
    Last edited by wrong chris; 11-07-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Tech Wizard

The 4trak scratch response is pretty decent but definitely not 100% (about 90%) due to alright touch response and and the not so great position indicator. Other than that i gotta say its a great bang for your buck. I've never used the DDJ-SX or NS7-II but i imagine the NS7-II would feel the closest to a real vinyl platter.

The 4trak or s4/s2, naturally, will have the tightest response within that controller list. Cdj 900/2k will also be spot on, but expensive controllers they do make.

Everything else besides TCV is worthless for scratching WITHIN TRAKTOR. If you can get used to Serato, the ddj-sx and any other native serato platters will be incredibly right and sufficient for scratching.

If you are a heavy scratcher and want to use traktor, then invest time and money into a pair of direct drive Tt's (no they don't have to be technics) and a battle mixer. If you're dead set on using traktor, get an audio 6 (p.s. I have one I may want to sell, shameless plug, but not why I am pushing you in the TCV direction). You'll be happier in the long run.

If you want to scratch just a bit but still want the tight integration, I'd say wait for the s4 mkII or some other native traktor controller to come out until you jump and buy old tech. Otherwise you're throwing good money after bad, especially if you use the ddj-sx with traktor and not serato.

Tech Mentor

I don't think motorized platters work with Traktor.

Tech Wizard

I am using Denon 3700s with Traktor & the motorized platters are great for scratching. That doesn't answer the original post but i just wanted to mention it because of the post above.
    2x Denon Dns 3700s, Korg Zero 4, NI x1, Macbookpro, KRK rocket 8s, KRK sub.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    I am using Denon 3700s with Traktor & the motorized platters are great for scratching. That doesn't answer the original post but i just wanted to mention it because of the post above.
    I'm pretty sure there isn't an NS7 mapping that allows you to control the decks with the platters though. Are you using the 3700s in some kind of hybrid mode?

Tech Wizard

Yes. I use Hybrid mode. Now i understand your comment.
    2x Denon Dns 3700s, Korg Zero 4, NI x1, Macbookpro, KRK rocket 8s, KRK sub.

I like mine with traktor for scratching, but because of the size of the platters, intricate sound manipulation is tough. Moves that require your whole hand to move on a TT only require the bend of a finger. Now if you are only doing baby scratches, transformer scratches, etc, you shouldn't have too much issue, but getting into 2 click flares, etc, will be pretty tough on such a small surface. What I DO love about them, is the mappings which allow for some really cool jog efx. Mix that with the solid build and to me it is the perfect all around controller. Yes you can find several controllers that might have a bit of a lead in one spec or the other, but for all around performance, and the fact you aren't tied to a software, to me it's perfect.
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Vci400 would be better suited for traktor. The response compared to the ddj-sx is better. And while for the DDJ you only have a couple of mappings, for the 400 you have loads.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Vci400 would be better suited for traktor. The response compared to the ddj-sx is better. And while for the DDJ you only have a couple of mappings, for the 400 you have loads.
    Definitely disagree unless you have the ean golden 400 which is coverted to traktor.

VCI 400 is native to serato and vdj both intro software with the controller.

DDj sx with serato is sex on the beach as is the s4 on traktor.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast