Promotional mailing lists help
    Tech Student

Default Promotional mailing lists help

Hi Guys

First of all, absolutely wicked forum, one of the best i have seen, plenty of very insightful threads!

I am looking for some assistance in how any of you digital dj's out there get yourselves onto esteemed mailing lists and FatDrop handouts etc. I play out to large crowds at most major u.k festivals and i feel it's time to make the request to try and help the scene and also allow my sets to become more exclusive to listeners.

Do you have any particular techniques that gets your request listened to?
    Do you just freestyle it and make every single one individual?
    Do you use a particular template when mailing lots of different record companies?
    Does anybody perhaps have a template i could have a look at to form my own?

I have all the necessary information about my outreach and attractions but i really struggle in how to write it in a way that agencies and pr's will understand and ultimately see what i am trying to achieve.

I have had a look on most of the boards and couldn't see any other threads on it, any help would be greatfully received.

Have a nice day and thanks for any help!

Luke

p.s - this is not a lazy way to get free music or an elaborate ploy to do away with paying hard earned cash for great music, just trying to step it up a bit :-)

Tech Student

perhaps this is in the wrong folder, apologies to the mods if it is!

Tech Mentor

I'm in the same boat... sort of. Every mailing list I am on I have been offered it through interviewing one of the labels DJ's or what not. I want to approach them in the same way that I am not just a leech wanting free music but someone who will give the label more airplay and publicity in a sense.

I just get added to tons of lists. Also I am on certain lists that are part of a service where a label pays money to distribute to about 200 DJs all having to do with Techno, or similar sounds. I am on about 4-5 of these lists as well. You get some shit and some real top notch stuff, but it becomes a chore sorting through promos. I honestly don't have time to check out beatport and other sources as I have 100+ promos a week in my inbox, and being sent personally to me via Facebook. Careful what you wish for, lol.