Loop Recorder to Track Deck
    Tech Mentor

Default Loop Recorder to Track Deck

Just wondering if its possible to use the loop recorder to recorder vocals live. e.g. thru mic/headphones (opposite way) and then shift it to Track Decks to allow scratching of the recorded vocal?

If so, how would I do it? Im currently using S4 with 2 1210 mks. Cheers guys!
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

I'm sure I've seen this done before...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Route a mic through a track deck (set to live input), record on the loop recorder, copy to remix deck slot, scratch away. Easy to do on an S4 as it has the mic input.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Route a mic through a track deck (set to live input), record on the loop recorder, copy to remix deck slot, scratch away. Easy to do on an S4 as it has the mic input.
    Do I just drag and drop to copy over? How bout to a track deck?
    2 x Technics 1210 / 2 x Stanton ST150 / Shure M44-7 / Kontrol S4 / KRK Rokit 5 / AIAIAI TM-1 / Westone 1 / HP dv6-6105TX

Pretty sure it works for a track deck also. I believe you can hold the browse button, and when you do, the cue lights, remix slot lights, and loop recorder lights that are flashing are the source loops available to copy to another spot. Select one. Then the flashing lights change to show where you can "paste" the loop.

Not at my S4 right now, so if holding down the browse doesn't do it, check the manual.

Tech Mentor

just tried it. its possible to drag and drop into remix decks but not track decks!

If my memory is correct you can't go from loop recorder to track deck, but...... Traktor saves samples in a dedicated folder, so you could set the sample folder as one of your favourites and then it should simply be a case of loading the most recent addition from that list.

Or jus scratch with the sample loaded in a remix deck

Tech Guru

If you want to do it live and on the fly, the remix deck is definitely the way. That's what it's for!
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1