serato DJ 1.5 - Pioneer DJM-SRT,
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default serato DJ 1.5 - Pioneer DJM-SRT,

did a quick search but didn't see any info on this.

what you guys think?

http://serato.com/dj/dvs

not necessarily related to the djm & i may get slated for saying this but i think its about time they streamlined it, i mainly use ssl but also have a twitch which i use with dj for mobiles or gigs that either don't have equipment, or if i dont know what equipment im walking into, just makes sense to have it all in one program.

what will be interesting to know is if i can hook up both my twitch and sl2 and have 4 decks
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Tech Guru

I wonder if this is the first in a series of product announcements before the BPM show in the UK. I know Serato doesn't participate in BPM but some companies, particularly NI, tend to make product announcements close to trade shows like that.

I like the hardware releases more than I like the DVS/controller streamlining. It's the first time in a while that I've seen a true neck and neck race between two high end manufacturers. It's nice to see two quality oriented companies duke it out toe-to-toe, rather than Pioneer/Rane dominating a particular market, and the rest of the companies just slathering out plastic shit.

Tech Guru

the only company laughing at this is pioneer, they are pretty much monopolizing this shit: cdj, compatible with the two biggest software in the game, cause I am pretty sure no one will be requesting the sixty four over a 900srt, wont be long until there will 900 that supports bothserato and traktor. shits crazy

I'm pretty bothered the SL1 box isn't on the list of supported devices. Other than that, it's quite interesting.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Tech Guru

video explaining serato dj in detail

I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this. This is probably one of the biggest changes to hit things in awhile.

Comparing the two (Serato DJ and Traktor) right now side by side, it's really is good seeing competition at it's finest.

I still am absolutely bothered and angry about the lack of SL1 support. I have posted in the Q&A about a possible upgrade path for owners of the SL1, but I don't know if there will be a response. I just helped two close friends purchase the SL1 box, have one myself, and now this means that even if not immediately if I want to stick with outdated software, I have to purchase an SL2, SL3, or SL4 because lets face it, I'm not going to buy myself a mixer with an integrated Serato box without having a Serato box to bring to gigs when they won't be using a mixer with integrated Serato support.

I really like where they are going with the combination DVS and Controller support. It's a smart and necessary move on Serato's part. The FX and other things that are coming to the table are great.

I still can't get over not supporting the TTM57SL or SL1 though. That's going to be a HUGE sticking point with a TON of DJ's that I know. I don't think I'll ever switch to Traktor, but I know there are a lot of people who have thought about it, and this might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for those on the fence.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bassline Brine View Post
    I'm surprised there isn't more talk about this. This is probably one of the biggest changes to hit things in awhile.

Comparing the two (Serato DJ and Traktor) right now side by side, it's really is good seeing competition at it's finest.

I still am absolutely bothered and angry about the lack of SL1 support. I have posted in the Q&A about a possible upgrade path for owners of the SL1, but I don't know if there will be a response. I just helped two close friends purchase the SL1 box, have one myself, and now this means that even if not immediately if I want to stick with outdated software, I have to purchase an SL2, SL3, or SL4 because lets face it, I'm not going to buy myself a mixer with an integrated Serato box without having a Serato box to bring to gigs when they won't be using a mixer with integrated Serato support.

I really like where they are going with the combination DVS and Controller support. It's a smart and necessary move on Serato's part. The FX and other things that are coming to the table are great.

I still can't get over not supporting the TTM57SL or SL1 though. That's going to be a HUGE sticking point with a TON of DJ's that I know. I don't think I'll ever switch to Traktor, but I know there are a lot of people who have thought about it, and this might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for those on the fence.
    Why would you be upset over a lack of support? You bought used, outdated, discontinued hardware at a massive discount, and then expected that hardware to carry over to the next generation? Rane doesn't make SL1's/57s anymore, why would their partner company design products for a used market? I don't see any outrage that Rekordbox isn't inherently compatible with CDJ-1000's.

Quote Originally Posted by Shishdisma View Post
    I don't see any outrage that Rekordbox isn't inherently compatible with CDJ-1000's.
    summed it up in one, like he said, the sl1 is 10 years old now... if its lasted that long then i'm pretty sure buying evan a used sl2 would be a great investment for you.
    MBP / 8gb Ram / 1TB / SSL / Rane SL2 / HD25's / Dicers / Empty Bank Account

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast