Just bought Presonus Firebox to replace my fast track pro - good buy ?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Just bought Presonus Firebox to replace my fast track pro - good buy ?

For some reason i decided to buy the Presonus Firebox to replace my fast track pro!

I have read that it is the nuts but, what do u guys that currently use one think ?

Let me know

Cheers

Luke

The drivers/chipset could be better really, but thats quite nit picking - all in all its a really good card, the audio quality is mint, the headphone output will blow your eardrums, the mic inputs are top quality.

Got an audio fire 4 and have to say its really hard to say which i like better between the two - if only i could mash them together into a single device it would be the perfect soundcard haha

Tech Mentor

Ha ha - bit of wishful thinking Bento ?

Well im sure its going to be better than the fast track pro - even though i have only had that for 3 months LOL!

But i like to mix loud and the headphone volume is double shit on the fast track pro!

I am looking to add to my ever growing studio - any other interesting things i should be looking at ?

Quote Originally Posted by lukey-boy View Post
    I am looking to add to my ever growing studio - any other interesting things i should be looking at ?
    What kinda studio ? DJ studio or production studio ? or maybe both ?

Personally i am a pretty big fan of the SCS3 controllers for mashing with fx (took some bomes code to setup to my liking though)

Theres also the midifighter that comming, everyone needs one of those things !

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    What kinda studio ? DJ studio or production studio ? or maybe both ?

Personally i am a pretty big fan of the SCS3 controllers for mashing with fx (took some bomes code to setup to my liking though)

Theres also the midifighter that comming, everyone needs one of those things !
    Both really mate, i love mixing but have a big interest in production - i have only ever made about minute and half of a tune on Reason (and i thought i was a superstar producer lol) but would love to do more!

My set up at the moment is pretty small but here it goes:

vci 100
    presonus firebox
    macbook pro (500gb HDD / 4 GB ram 2.4GHZ)

Was thinking about buying a vci 300 jst for mixing and then use the 100 just for effects ? not sure if thats a reasonable thing to do ?

Tech Mentor

Theres also the midifighter that comming, everyone needs one of those things ![/QUOTE]

when can i buy one of those bad boys ? just had a look at them - look cool !

when can i buy one of those bad boys ? just had a look at them - look cool !
    Cant buy them yet sadly, we are working on it ! They will be available on the DJTT webstore - Fatlimey and Midifidler have been working their butts off on these things and they are going to be very very cool !

I cant wait for them to come on sale as much as you guys, but currently there isn't any official date or ball park range of release that i can share with you guys

Rest assured though, you guys are going to be very pleased when you get your hands on these babies. IMHO they are gonna be even cooler than the original ones that Midifidler made. Keep an eye on the forums and blog for more info !

Tech Mentor

Well as soon as they are released i will purchase one of those bad boys!

I'm thinking of buying logic 9 studio and a midi keyboard possibly over the weekend - u dabbled with logic yourself Bento ?

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    the headphone output will blow your eardrums
    have done it. srsly be careful
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

u dabbled with logic yourself Bento ?
    Sadly no

None of my audio producer friends use it and i dont own a mac(yet anyway), i really wanna give it a go though - heard looots of good things.

For the moment i am happy using FL studio anyway though, especially with FL9 there isnt a whole lot holding my productions back (before FL9 the CPU usage was killing my creativity).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast