NI forums

Thread: NI forums

Tech Guru

Default NI forums

I've had a very tame post deleted and have chosen to remove myself from the forums there, they're very quiet, over moderated and frankly there's bette stuff over here.

Not very cool guys

Most forums on the internet over overly moderated. People feel good when they can create rules form thin air, logical or not...

That's life my friend.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ekwipt View Post
    I've had a very tame post deleted
    I don't see any deleted posts dude nor do I see anything in moderation which is usually the most likely reason a post doesn't show.
    The forum is being hit by a MASSIVE attack of spam at the moment and the whole forum is undergoing changes. Forum security is at a high level whilst these changes are made.

Despite what you may think, mods over there rarely delete posts. If I can help I will but if you have removed yourself then...

Quote Originally Posted by Kwal View Post
    People feel good when they can create rules form thin air, logical or not...
    Not at the NI forum. There is a written set of rules. Forum Admin and Mods do not interpret them ad-hoc.
    It is not a forum like DJTT it is product forum, there has to be a more moderate approach.
    Big difference from a discussion forum to a product forum.

Anyhoo.
    Last edited by Karlos Santos; 09-07-2013 at 02:23 PM.

This forum does seem a little "friendlier" if that makes any sense. Maybe its layout or whatever but I only go over there when I get bored here. ha

Tech Wizard

Honestly, I kinda agree w/ OP. I like the NI forums for reading but I rarely post because the mods all seem like they have the internet equivalent to little guy syndrome. They definitely close threads whenever they don't like or don't agree w/ them, which sorta defeats the purpose of a "forum."
    I've seen all kinds of fascist, insecure bullshit coming from the mods over there. They seem like a bunch of know it all types who want revenge for being made fun of in middle-school or something. Ya know, the type of person who becomes a cop, (for the same reason.)
    It's pathetic and embarrassing and I've honestly thought about telling them about it myself but haven't gotten around to it.

NI forums are NOT a friendly place at ALL!! Over-moderated up-tight cry babies.

Maybe they are "over-moderated", but don't blame the moderators. Blame NI. Like Karlos said, there apparently are very explicit rules and guidelines that the moderators must enforce. It's a "user" forum, but it ultimately has to represent the NI brand in a specific way. Do some moderators take advantage of their "power"? Who knows, but they do have a specific job to do that might not reflect their personal beliefs.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by jdownesbaird View Post
    Maybe they are "over-moderated", but don't blame the moderators. Blame NI. Like Karlos said, there apparently are very explicit rules and guidelines that the moderators must enforce. It's a "user" forum, but it ultimately has to represent the NI brand in a specific way. Do some moderators take advantage of their "power"? Who knows, but they do have a specific job to do that might not reflect their personal beliefs.
    Ya, I know it's about pr and all that but it's just so douchey I can't stand it. Not at all enjoyable.