1st Paris Hilton, now Kate Upton? anothe Dj is on the way
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 1st Paris Hilton, now Kate Upton? anothe Dj is on the way

Ok so first it was Paris Hiton with this leap of ... i dont know what to call it "morbid elongated, tortuous never ending, seething, unmatched lack of talent" of her trying to dj and because she has her product line, and daddy has paid the way for , well everything shes done, she gets an IN on IBIZA. Ok so bad knocks for IBIZA but just like her sex video, i wont go looking for her show, and i wont miss it when its gone but you can bet i cant wait for it to be a (do you remember..) memorial conversation.
    WIth that being said, now its time for Kate Upton to get her digs at djing?!??!

Ok now hold the phone. Im not saying i dont like Kate, actually i do, very much. I think shes really plesant, down to earth even with her supermodel status, and million dollar worth of body part insurance but she too, is a flash in the pan because modeling is what she does, for now.
    In all honesty, i hope she really does take a liking to djing and actually get more involved in it. Not in some "Hey everyone, come see the supermodel at my nightclub djing" way but more professionally. Even leaning toward the side of production? but then again that might be a reach for me to think about, hell, i might even be living a moment of a pipe dream.

"Kate, you sate with Tiesto in the booth all night and i hope you come out actually starting to understand what the knobs do, even though you dont yet know, when they are supposed to do it. Learn young Jedi-Model"

ok ok so here is a copy of the news article:

Kate Upton got a DJ lesson from Tiesto at the weekend.

The blonde model was partying at New York nightclub Provocateur, located in the city's Meatpacking District, on Friday night (06.09.13) when she decided to spin some tracks with the Dutch star.

When it was Tiesto's turn to take over the decks, Kate was ushered through the crowd by security to join him in the DJ booth where she spent her time watching him work and taking photos.

A source told the New York Post newspaper: ''She spent most of her time in the booth getting tips from Tiesto and taking photos.''

Kate's rumoured boyfriend Maksim Chmerkovskiy - a professional Latin ballroom dancer who appears on 'Dancing with the Stars' - wasn't at the club but there were a number of other stars partying the night away.

Leonardo DiCaprio was seen watching Tiesto while sipping drinks, and Amanda Seyfried and her boyfriend Justin Long danced to the music maestro's tracks.

Kate, 21, has been romantically linked to Maksim, 33, since June.

The Sports Illustrated model is currently shooting her first major film role in the city alongside Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann in 'The Other Woman'.

all jokes aside. we should all just quit. Djing used to be something ONLY musically inclined people could even comprehend, now....well just pitiful.

I'm not going to decide to become a model or tomorrow so a word to celebrity and such. STAY THE FUCK OUT OF OUR INDUSTRY!!!!

ugh makes me sick. But whats worse is that the masses will just follow blindly, because they ALSO are completely ignorant when it comes to music. "Wherever the Molly and hot bitches are...that's where you can find em..." pitiful.

Dont get me wrong.....if Paris Hilton or WHOEVER, maybe came to BPM and sat through a seminar or maybe a product demonstration. Ok well then I would say they are at least going about it in the right manner.

Well.....probably by the time I can afford to get over to Ibiza, they will have Leonardo DiCaprio spinning at Cafe Mambo..... life...over

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

The article didn't say anything about her actually DJing, just that she spent some time in the booth "getting tips" and photos. So, hot famous female in club. Famous male DJ in the booth. Famous male DJ invites hot famous women to booth to "give her tips" but really to stare at here breasts. Doesn't really scream to me that she's going to go out and get a residency anytime soon. Actual models are too busy trying to fight off hunger pains from not eating to actually concentrate on picking out music at beatport.

Besides, I'm sure the tips were something along the lines of:

Kate: what are you doing?
    Tiesto: hitting the sync button so I don't have to do much and can stare at your glorious body
    Kate: now what are you doin?
    Tiesto: pressing a button to automatically go where the new song should start
    Kate: what's that lever do?
    Tiesto: it fades into the song that started where I pressed that button. See, you can do this. If Paris can do this regularly in Ibiza, you can certainly draw a crowd to a club and hit two buttons while moving a lever up and down. Easy peasy!

Tech Guru

As ImNotDedYet pointed out, nothing was said about her actually DJing. Even if she does start DJing, how are you guys sure she'll be bad at it? Is it not possible to be a good DJ and attractive at the same time?

I, for one, support this completely.

Untill i see Paris participating in a DMC or rocking a stage on I LOVE TECHNO, i'm not that bothered.
    Let her have her little DJ phase and let's get it over with. Can't see this going on for too long as her musical knowledge wouldn't fill a cup and beatport only gets you so far
    I feel about it like i feel about bedroom dj-ing, I don't see it becoming a big enough threat to what the pro's are doing. Deejaying is still for two thirds dependant on musical taste and selection for all i care. And the crowd that flocks to a Paris Hilton show is far from what i expect to see at a decent rave or festival.
    You don't see rappers or singers having strong thoughts or comments about people with karaoke machines (but then again those don't easily get a resident spot in Ibiza clubs)

And i've never even been interested in the whole scene Tiesto and his likes roam in

Having said that i wouldn't mind having a 21 year old Kate coming in the booth with me, best believe i'd drop a pre-made list in and get some work in on my "other" talents LOL
    HP Pavillion 17" , i7 core 2nd gen, 8Gb ram / Traktor Scratch Pro 2 / Ableton Live suite 8 & 9 / Traktor Kontrol S4 / Traktor Kontrol F1 / 2x Numark TT200 / Hercules DJ Console RMX / Akai MPD24 / Evolution MK425C / Evolution UC33 / Sennheiser HD215 / M-Audio Audiophiles BX5A active monitors

Real djs play vinyl

(ducks and runs )
    Last edited by zimfella; 09-11-2013 at 03:03 AM.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    .....ugh makes me sick. But whats worse is that the masses will just follow blindly, because they ALSO are completely ignorant when it comes to music. "Wherever the Molly and hot bitches are...that's where you can find em..." pitiful.
    This sounds a little elitest. The ONLY reason DJ's exist is because they play music to the masses. Calling clubbers "completely ignorant" is biting the hand that feeds you.

I really dont get all this hype around celebrity DJ's. DJing isn't a closed industry. Anyone has the right to become a DJ. Telling people to stay out of "our industry" is prejudiced and is DEFINITELY not welcomed by a) other DJ's and b) clubbers. The clubbing scene thrives on open mindedness and people having a good time.

I HATE dubstep - with a passion, but that particular 'scene' adds to the music scene as a whole and so has every right to exist.

A personal hate of mine and the group of friends I used to go clubbing with was pretentious idiots saying that one scene is better than another! We all love music and a good few of us are privileged enough to make money from playing records. But dont ever forget that the reason you get paid to do what you do is because those that are "completely ignorant" pay good money to dance to what you play!!
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

real djs wont be affected by this news about vip-girls playing tunes...

(also i don´t get the hype with kate upton being a super model and whatnot. imho she´s just an average american blonde)
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast