Accuracy of free software called Keyfinder
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Accuracy of free software called Keyfinder

Hello.

Do any of you use Keyfinder?

How accurate do you find it?

I don't have another program to compare the key results with that's why I'm asking.

The DJTT Blog has an article on the different Key finding software somewhere. I also think Endo at Dubspot did one recently too.
    I would google it for you, but I'm lazy.

Tech Wizard

LOL. I found this, but maybe there's a 2013 edition?

http://www.djtechtools.com/2012/01/2...-2012-edition/

Tech Wizard

In the article are compared three progams, the most accurate is 42% - really bad isn't it?

Your ear and a keyboard are usually the best option for accuracy. Using a key finder software will give you a starting point at least. Sometimes the misread key is a related key like C major and A minor.

I can't remember where I saw the Dubspot comparison. Here it is http://blog.dubspot.com/endo-harmoni...tion-analysis/

keying software generally favors minor keys to avoid the issue of relative majors and minors because 99.9% of good dance music is in minor
    Why did the elephant get lost... Cause the Jungle is MASSIVE!

Quote Originally Posted by sovvy View Post
    I don't have another program to compare the key results with that's why I'm asking.
    Don't compare one program's results to another, as people said you can only compare with your ear and keyboard (if you have a perfect pitch) . Stick with one software and you'll be fine.
    KeyFinder is fast, gets decent results, uses CamelotKeys (01A, 02A,..etc ) when you input them as custom keys and more importanty - it's free unlike MiK and others
    Write keys to comment field of id3 tags and enjoy a hassle free harmonic mixing in DJ programs
    Denon X600 - 2x Denon SC-2000 - AKG K181DJ - NI Audio 2

results are 99% identical to what openkey or beatport tags give. i swear by this one guys. way faster than MiK and no bullshit online requirement, if you use and dig it, flick the dude a few squid will ya

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=37799
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Wizard

Thanks for the replies.

Quote,`KeyFinder is fast, gets decent results, uses CamelotKeys (01A, 02A,..etc ) when you input them as custom keys.'

I checked it out but don't know which entries to put in each custom key box?

go through that thread, i posted a screenie with the appropriate entries there somewhere.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast