Shift button?

Thread: Shift button?

Tech Wizard

Default Shift button?

hey!
    is there a simple way to create 4 deck vci-100 traktor pro mapping? i mean if i have a perfect 2 deck mapping, can i somehow create SHIFT (AB -> CD) button in an easy way not mapping it all over again just copy the existing mapping to decks C and D?
    i hope you understood my question
    thanks!!!

Tech Wizard

it is easy to do it in TP 1.2

but if you have TP 1.1 , yes you'll have to copy all your mappings to control deck C and D , assuming you're not using the Focus mode for control mapping.

Tech Wizard

yeah, i use 1.1 ... shit! i don't know anything about mapping.. guess i'll just have to upgrade to 1.2 then

Tech Guru

Default Re: Shift button?

actually its not easier in TP 1.2 since the device target only lets you dynamically assign to a single deck. they left out support for midifiers to be able to switch multi deck setups.

it only works if you have two separate midi controllers. not if you have a single controller for two decks.

however using bome midi translator you could split your controller into two virtual controller.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

Tech Wizard

can you tell me more about this soft and how it works?
    tho i will have to remap everything manually?

Tech Guru

Default Re: Shift button?

yes. essentially bome lets you intercept all midi messages, optionally rewrite them and then sebd them out via virtual modi controllers. it also offers many additional powerful features like proper variables, standard control flow programming logic and timed triggers.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music