Help needed: Ableton Live 9 + Max For Live + lemur
    Tech Mentor

Default Help needed: Ableton Live 9 + Max For Live + lemur

I'm trying to get ambivalent Beats working with Ableton Live 9.0.2, latest version of Max for Live and the latest version of lemur on my iPad 2

I have set all IP addresses and ports, made sure there are samples in the bottom of the drum rack in live.

I manually put the template in lemur, as ambivalent beats cannot send it. (get the error message )

although on clicking play in ableton has lemur showing it is running (the pads are lit in turn).

Communication with the lemur demon between Ableton and the iPad work perfectly. (I know this is not needed for this to work, and have turned off the demon in trying to get it working)

Tapping the pads to activate them, then changing to each line on the left has no effect on the pads. (they are not independent to each line like they should be)

I've tried disabling firewalls, and all devices are on the same local network.

Any help is appreciated.

Tech Wizard

Do you have the Lemur Editor open while trying to get the Ambivalent Beats max patch to send it? This is usually a common issue when trying to send a .jzml through a max patch, and successfully connecting. The communication is going to be through Max 4 Live. Usually, if you're using a wi-fi network and both the computer and iPad are connected to it, the .amxd will find it. If you're using auto mode and not manual on the patch, just rescan while the Lemur app is running. It should find it.
    15" Macbook Pro (2.0 GHz Core i7, 16 GB) Mac OS X 10.7 Ableton Suite 9. iPad (Liine Lemur).

Tech Mentor

No the editor is closed.

It comes up with an ip address which does not exist on my network, when set to auto. Cut manually setting the ip allows it to go through each pad in turn when live is playing although it does not trigger anything.

Tech Mentor

well I've tested and can see messages are being sent both ways from and to the iPad.

seems like some stuff got broken when ableton live 9 came along.

Tech Mentor

anyone know of a multi-track step sequencer, that is mappable and uses drum racks in ableton live 9?