How to do precise piitch fadding with Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6?
Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default How to do precise piitch fadding with Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6?

I want to test some editing I did on tracks but don't wanna keep burning CDs to play on my CDJ-200s, But when I use Traktor 2.6 on my notebook I can't use pitch faders with the precision of the CDJs (0,02%), I can just adjust to a maximum precision of 0,1%, which is ridiculous for old school mixing. Is it possible to raise the pitch fader precision on Traktor? So I can simulate things I would do on CDJs.

(please don't mention Sync, that is not the point)

(If it's not possible, should I try Serato?)

Tranks
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Change the pitch control percent, your probably on 100% or 50%. Turn it down to 8%

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Change the pitch control percent, your probably on 100% or 50%. Turn it down to 8%
    The range is not the problem, It still shows 0,0% and when I raise it, for exemple, it changes to 0,1%. I needed it to change to 0,02%, like a CDJ would.
    Or, even better, I needed to type the value I want, instead of grabbing it and pushing like it really existed lol
    13" Macbook Air i7, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD | Traktor 2.7.1 | Ableton Live 9 | DJM-900 Nexus | NI Audio 10 | A&H Xone:K2 | Oyaide USB & RCA | HDJ-2000 | Odyssey BRLDIGITAL Bag

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    The range is not the problem, It still shows 0,0% and when I raise it, for exemple, it changes to 0,1%. I needed it to change to 0,02%, like a CDJ would.
    Or, even better, I needed to type the value I want, instead of grabbing it and pushing like it really existed lol
    the percent isnt that important tho? you should just be using the bpm which goes to the .01 when your pitch fader settings are at 8% instead of 100%

You're talking about the percent off key right?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    the percent isnt that important tho? you should just be using the bpm which goes to the .01 when your pitch fader settings are at 8% instead of 100%

You're talking about the percent off key right?
    No , nothing to do with key man. Pitch faders work with %. CDJ ones have maximum precision of 0,02%. But the maximum precision I can archieve manually on Traktor is 0,1% which is preety much useless for really mixing.

I wanna know if there is a way of achieving a precision of 0,02% with Traktor. If not, does Serato has this precision?? (Everything manually, no Sync)

I'm just surprised to realise how an expensive software like this can't simulate what a CDJ-200 does..

smaller range, smaller % inclines..
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    smaller range, smaller % inclines..
    This. think about it

Tech Guru

I'm not sure if we're being trolled or not. My Traktor works in increments of 0.01 no problem and I use the 8% range
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    I'm not sure if we're being trolled or not. My Traktor works in increments of 0.01 no problem and I use the 8% range
    Mine doesnt, it jumps from 0,0 to 0,1 to 0,2, how do i change that?

i ALREADY TRIED RANGE

I think he is saying that the decimal points on the percentage only show the first decimal, not the second. What I would suggest is a proper grid and sync, otherwise, stop worrying about the decimal point on percentage and look at the decimal point on the bpm. That is more of an exact representation.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast