Reloop RP-8000 - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reloop RP-8000

the 8000... actually surprised it took someone this long to make this. on a side note the beat pad looks upside down (not a huge fan of hot cues over the paters). the key-pad looks like what might be the best all in one entry level production tool around. good work re-loop.

Tech Wizard

Doesn't Vestax allready offer a MIDI capapble turntable?
    d{-.-}b

Really cool, but drum rolls and beat jumping sounds like skip skip skip. Unless you use absolute mode. Personally I like relative, but still, I want to try one of these out. The button layout is perfect if you use your mixers in battle mode lol.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.

Ive been wanting new TTs for a while cos i miss mixing real vinyl, was looking at getting 1200mk5s,

ill wait till the serato forums review this and compare it against the 1200 before i make the decision though

EDIT: at £1100 a pair, these are gona have to damn impress me
    Last edited by Cook; 09-15-2013 at 08:54 AM.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    Ive been wanting new TTs for a while cos i miss mixing real vinyl, was looking at getting 1200mk5s,

ill wait till the serato forums review this and compare it against the 1200 before i make the decision though

EDIT: at £1100 a pair, these are gona have to damn impress me
    Compared to a single CDJ that costs about that much, it doesn't seem to ridiculous, you are getting the same functions as a CDJ except you can play vinyl instead of CDs and flashdrives...You are getting a brand new turntable, no worries about having to refurb an old tech 1200

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    Compared to a single CDJ that costs about that much, it doesn't seem to ridiculous, you are getting the same functions as a CDJ except you can play vinyl instead of CDs and flashdrives...You are getting a brand new turntable, no worries about having to refurb an old tech 1200
    I wont be buying them for anything other than vinyl mixing. im in the process of selling my sl2 and s4 because i can req. 2000s at gigs now,

And whos to say the dampening on this TT is anywhere near as good as the techs, no point buying nice new decks if the needles are going to skeet about everywhere
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post
    I wont be buying them for anything other than vinyl mixing. im in the process of selling my sl2 and s4 because i can req. 2000s at gigs now,

And whos to say the dampening on this TT is anywhere near as good as the techs, no point buying nice new decks if the needles are going to skeet about everywhere
    From a purely technical point of view, these are currently the best turntables on the market. I had a bit more of a play with them today, and you CANNOT stop the platter moving by pressing down on the slipmat. Just keeps turning at no less than 50% of the normal speed, and I was pressing HARD. You can stop the platter using the edge, but again it requires a HARD press. If you turn the torque adjustment right down to minimum, which is the same amount as 1200s, it stops with a moderate touch of the edge.

Spin-up times are insane as well, we're talking less than half a second to spin up to full speed. Same with stop times too, but there IS a start/stop adjustment knob as well which goes all the way from those speeds down to 1200s power-off spindown rates.
    For Sale: Handmade Custom DJ Cables - RCA / TRS / XLR!
    Gear: 2x Reloop Contour, Zomo MC-1000, Reloop RMX-40 :: Reloop Terminal Mix 4 :: Korg nanoKONTROL :: Traktor 2.6.1
    Latest Mix: June Progressive House (Soundcloud)

Tech Convert

I might be wrong but everyone is talking about this motor being the ultimate, by the looks of it ( http://www.reloop.com/reloop-rp-8000 ) it's the same one used in all the other super oem turntables? Love the pads though, if I wasnt sitting on a pair of Stanton str8.150 I would definitely go for these ones.

Tech Mentor

It's a really expensive turntable with a high torque motor and built in dicers? Am I missing something? Was there ever a problem with the motor on a 1200? They're pretty cool but don't seem like game changers.

The browse encoder is the coolest feature IMO. I wonder if the pitch read out can be changed to display bpm. That seems more useful.
    Last edited by b1sh0p; 09-15-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    I wonder if the pitch read out can be changed to display bpm. That seems more useful.
    Yes. That would be awesome.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast