Really big issue with the Numark 4Trak. Help!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Really big issue with the Numark 4Trak. Help!

Hi,

So I've had my 4trak for about 2 weeks now. Over that period of time, there have been about 4 occurrences where the controller will just randomly stop sending MIDI signals to traktor, and so, I'm left controller-less where the only solution is to restart traktor. Luckily this has not happened at a gig yet but there's a concerningly large probably that it could happen during a mix which would be very very bad.

I literally have no idea why this happens. There doesn't seem to be any sort of trigger. Just sometimes, the controller decides to stop controlling the software.

I have a Samsung Laptop running Windows 8 using Traktor 2.6.

If there is no solution, I don't see how I could use this controller live because if I had to embarrassingly restart traktor, well, that would suck.

Do you have a script or gamebooster to turn off all the programs running in the background?

Windows pc's you have to optimize them

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    Do you have a script or gamebooster to turn off all the programs running in the background?
    No but i have tried using the controller with all the programs turned off, it still happened once.

Quote Originally Posted by fuelandperform View Post
    No but i have tried using the controller with all the programs turned off, it still happened once.
    Thats not the same thing at all. Ill link you to the thread where someone was having similar problems.

http://forum.djtechtools.com/showthread.php?t=75641

That should help you out!

Regardless, I'll try it but i'm pretty sure that's not the issues. I've used other controllers on my laptop with specific drivers, windows 8, and traktor 2.6 such as the VCI-400, but I have no issues with them.

Quote Originally Posted by fuelandperform View Post
    Regardless, I'll try it but i'm pretty sure that's not the issues. I've used other controllers on my laptop with specific drivers, windows 8, and traktor 2.6 such as the VCI-400, but I have no issues with them.
    The only reason Im adamant about trying game booster and such is because my older xp laptop wouldnt recieve midi signals until I had it running.

Is your controller still blinking midi signals when you press buttons on the controller? or are you talking inside of traktor.?

It could also be something to do with the midi cable your using maybe?

Also just checking do you have all the up to date drivers and have all the older ones deleted. If you have the older files still installed it can corrupt traktor. Its more of a problem when using serato tho.
    Last edited by AllDay; 09-15-2013 at 10:16 PM.

its a fiddly midi controller. I know on mac i had to roll back the driver, to an earlier one and it worked flawless then.

Tech Wizard

Hey there! Since the Numark 4trak is a stand alone mixer as well, you could plug in your phone or ipod into it with a simple rca cable. Say to channel D. Then if all goes wrong you have backup music, just by flicking the Line/PC button on the mixer and voila! You now have the chance to restart Traktor while your music is still playing! Good luck solving your software problem though!

Quote Originally Posted by iqdodge View Post
    you could plug in your phone or ipod into it with a simple rca cable. Say to channel D. Then if all goes wrong you have backup music, just by flicking the Line/PC button on the mixer and voila! You now have the chance to restart Traktor while your music is still playing!
    Yeah i thought about doing that and even if i do find a "fix" i'm probably gonna do that anyway just to be safe.

Quote Originally Posted by 031999 View Post
    its a fiddly midi controller. I know on mac i had to roll back the driver, to an earlier one and it worked flawless then.
    Where can i find the old drivers?

Quote Originally Posted by AllDay View Post
    The only reason Im adamant about trying game booster and such is because my older xp laptop wouldnt recieve midi signals until I had it running.
    My laptop receives midi signals fine, it's like the controller just locks up because traktor keeps going. Once the controller locks up, then no midi signals are sent. But if i have another controller hooked up, the vci-400 for example, it continues functioning.

Is your controller still blinking midi signals when you press buttons on the controller? or are you talking inside of traktor.?
    The 4trak doesn't actually have any indication on whether or not it's sending signals on the controller itself. The only indicator i have is the one in traktor and when the controller locks up the little midi signal light does not light when i move a fader or a knob or something.

It could also be something to do with the midi cable your using maybe?
    Tried that, no luck.

Also just checking do you have all the up to date drivers and have all the older ones deleted. If you have the older files still installed it can corrupt traktor. Its more of a problem when using serato tho.
    I'm not real tech savvy when it comes to drivers n stuff, where would i delete the old drivers and find new ones?

Tech Wizard

Have you checked the little cable connecting the FX panel with the main Body? Maybe it loosens up or something..
    Childhood is short. Immaturity is forever.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast