Id3 tag editors?

Default Id3 tag editors?

So since we all run our songs off out computers we all have had problems with our Id3 tags.

What program do you use to fix them up?
    Personally i use Mp3tag (downloaded off of cnet) its the best iv seen so far.

I need to find a program that capatilizes and takes away underscores if any one know of one.
    Dj Krilikz‡ -

Seconded on mp3tag. I've tried several others and I might as well be learning a programming language.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

Third's the charm or something, mp3tag is the best that i've found.

Tech Convert

I've used Tag&Rename as well as tagscanner. Both have worked well for me.

Tech Mentor

I use foobar's inbuilt tagging / renaming tools.. it also has an addon which connects to discogs.org to do the tagging + cover download for me..

what do u put in your id3 tags?

Currently, I just run all my tracks through mixmeister and it analyzes them and puts the key in automatically. What other things do you guys put in manually?

I use mp3tag to rename the files the way I want them to read: "artist - track (remix) [label].mp3" I use Traktor to fill in genre, comments, and lyrics to make it easier to sort and find tracks, as I don't keep music files in separate folders.

To be honest, I don't understand why anyone needs to identify the key of a track, since you can shift it to anything you want to blend with the currently playing track, and you don't need to know what that track's key is so long as you shift until you blend or harmonize with it.
    Steve Boyett
    Traktor user

Quote Originally Posted by steveboyett View Post
    To be honest, I don't understand why anyone needs to identify the key of a track, since you can shift it to anything you want to blend with the currently playing track, and you don't need to know what that track's key is so long as you shift until you blend or harmonize with it.
    You couldn't just pitch a track up [too much] if it had vocals though, it'd sound weird, so it's good to know the key of a track beforehand, so that you know which tracks are workable and which aren't.

Currently I use foobar and Traktors editor to change the tags. I'm in the process of gutting my MP3 collection. Need to lose all those poor sounding rips and low bit-rate tracks. Building my collection with FLAC now. Hooray for foobar!
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Oh, good point! You can see how often I stress vocal tracks.
    Steve Boyett
    Traktor user

Quote Originally Posted by 4nT1 View Post
    I use foobar's inbuilt tagging / renaming tools.. it also has an addon which connects to discogs.org to do the tagging + cover download for me..
    anyone know of anything similar and sleek as foobar for mac? i'd really like the discogs addon too.... that sounds wicked, because i spend a lot of time synching my tracks to discogs...
    "This is the soundtrack to the nightmares in which I can't wake up. I'm about to be murdered, or I'm being forced to jump off a cliff. Thank you."
    http://www.myspace.com/kagnawh