My current Dilemma...

Default My current Dilemma...

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums(and new to djing in general) and I had a question regarding a decision. I know its never good to let others make decisions for you, but I just wanted some input/advice to make the smart purchase. I am new to Djing and I have been working with Traktor from the get-go and really enjoy it. Now, my dilemma is should I get the Pioneer DDJ-SR or Kontrol s2 MK2? Personally I'm leaning towards the SR because I love the option of having 8 hot cues at my command, and the controller seems to be built to last. But, I have never used Serato before and what I have seen from it does not appeal to me. I know eventually the SR can be mapped to Traktor, but it won't be native to it like the s2. I also think the new s2 looks great. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Tech Wizard

I think it to the function of the work-flow and software integration. Personally I find the S2 is cleaner and simpler, moreover its plug and play with your traktor. I am pretty there will be a lot of mapping gurus that will be make maps for the new S2. But then again you would to have 8 cues, which the S2 falls short on

I'd say, get the s4 mk1 and eventually an f1 for cue points. Better than SR and s2mk2.
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

With the S4, you also have the option of using all 8 cue points (no need to buy an F1) rather than 4 cue points/4 loops. It's an option in one of the menus in preferences.

Get a used S4MK1 as suggested. You won't be disappointed.

Personally i think get an S2 mk2 and down the line add an X1 mk1 or X1 mk2.

I been djing 20 years and still find 4 hotcues to be be plenty... if you really need the extra buttons then an X1 mk1 set to hotcue mode will have you well and truely covered
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Mentor

Behringer CMD Studio 4A