Subwoofer size to rock any bar.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Subwoofer size to rock any bar.

Im lookin for a woofer that will be powerful enough to fill most average bars with bass. Obviously cubic ft will come into play but i wont be playing at large clubs. I want the people to know its there not just barely be able to fill a room. Theres 18" and 15". how many watts would be sufficient to get the job done and have extra to play with.

This is a noob question. Im not looking for that perfect sub power from anyone just a general watt and speaker size some of you use for medium to large bars.

We use a 10" B&W active sub. For anything more than 50 ppl, you would need to look at a 600Wrms+ 15-18"
    It all depends on the venue really. And remember bodies absorb sound
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

ill be playing rap/trap so id like to have a prominent bass line 10" seems kinda small. i need folks to feel it in their chest but not be ignorant.

a 15 inch will be real tight and punchy. an 18 or 20 can get kinda muddy in small areas.

I love my QSC KW181. That thing will handle anything you throw at it, it has a rock solid built in amp, and has rollers so it is easy to move if need be. http://qsc.com/products/Loudspeakers/KW%20Series/KW181/
    Transcendent Tuesdays weekly DNB on www.KRISISDnB.com 8:30-10pm UK time.

Bar i used to play in was a 15 incher, sat at the opposite end of the venue, was reaaaal nice, that was a 200 person bar.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

I have used 2 or 4 DB Technologies Opera Sub 15s depending on the venue, I did a 120-150 wedding last Friday in a hotel room and used 2 which was ample without thrashing anything, probably only half volume. Before that I did a 150+ dinner dance in a marquee and because it was basically an open arena (being in a marquee on a rugby pitch) and would lose more sound I used all 4, but we had the council round at 12:30am asking me to cut the volume as they could hear it 2 roads away, specifically the bass.. so maybe that was overkill... The subs are heavy, but simple to setup and do the job. Short answer: one or two active 15s would likely be fine.

Tech Mentor

Buy the best you can afford as the difference between 15 and 18 inch woofers and there wattage is less important as the quality of the speaker and amp combo but I would have thought that one or two 15 active speakers would be plenty.

Tech Mentor

we use these 18" subs (http://www.pl-audio.de/index.php/lau...oofer/b-18-sub) in a club for up to 250 people. sound great and let you really feel the deep sounds.

MacBookPro 11,1 | i5 2,4GHz | 16 GB RAM | 256 GB SSD
    MacOSX 10.15.x | TraktorPro 3.x | VCI-100 SE FW 1.4 | VCI-400 SE (EGE)

Anyone have any knowledge of Behringer?

Im looking at
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Behringe...76-i1843075.gc

This seems lower end but a good price for what you get and is within my price range of 200-500 (aproximately) . Im unsure of a class D amplifier though.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast